“Have your Say” Open for Art is happening because we are being supported by The Cultural Partnership and Reading Business Improvement District to shout out about the hidden creatives and heritage that is in Reading and around us all. We will be doing this various ways during the Open for Art Weekend, from talks, walks […]
Now in its 14th year The Whiteknight Studio Trail is a walking tour of artists’ studios in the University Area of Reading. The Whiteknight Studio Trail takes place on 14th and 15th June. All venues are open 11am to 6pm and entry is free. Local artists will open their studios and exhibit their work. This […]
“What do you love about your town, Reading? Come and join Emma and Mark from Jelly and the Shopmobility team at the Oracle this Friday 30th May. Get creative with paint, stitching and recycled materials to create a postcard from Reading. Finished postcards will be exhibited during Reading Arts Trail in July. Free event 10.30am […]
A range of textile and paper items from half and half, at Elsie’s for the third time. Researched and original photography, combined with stitching, on cotton, felt and stones. Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do is Thursday 5 December 12-8pm, Friday 6 December 10am – 6pm and Saturday 10am – 6pm. Market Place, Reading, RG1 2DE […]
Julie’s work primarily focuses on the landscape and coastline of The Purbeck Isles in Dorset, where she responds to local topography: the sea, tide and moon, the migration of birds, changing seasons, erosion of geology and historical use of land. Drawing and painting from life is vital to the formation of her ideas and these […]
CONSTELLATION, Friday 25 October A multi disciplinary, multi venue trail of eclectic art. jelly is one of a number of venues taking part in Constellation and we would love you to: ‘Help us make it through the night’ 42 Market Place RG1 2DE 7.30pm – 11.30pm Come along and join jelly studio resident artists on […]
Jelly is one of the ten venues involved in the epic ‘Constellation’ – the main event of this year’s Whitley Arts Festival – its artists creating a collaborative art experience. On the 25th October The Whitley Arts Festival mounts it’s most ambitious project to date by orchestrating a ten-venue multi disciplinary all day art trail […]
Reading Arts Week is a week-long event showcasing emerging and established artists from across Reading delivered by Reading Borough Council. Reading Arts Week – make your art submission today! Submissions close this Sunday (2nd June)! The work you submit will go forward to be exhibited at the Reading Arts Week Exhibition taking place on Saturday […]
Last night I was a guest at the final in Reading of the Youth and Philanthropy Initiative. I had not heard about the programme until we were approached by a set of yr 10 students: Jordan, Ketan, Louie and Orlando who wanted to bid for support for jelly through the YPI programme. The programme awards […]
SMART is a free, family festival developed by the 2012 Partnership Board. It is a celebration of Sport, Music and Art along the Thames on 'Super Saturday', the middle weekend of the Olympic Games. The event takes place on Saturday 4 August and runs from 12noon to 6pm. During the day the event will celebrate […]
Trying to get hold of us?
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- Artist Opportunity: We would love you to be part of our handmade at Christmas event September 11, 2014
- Darwin and FitzRoy ‘Beards and Beagles’ September 9, 2014
- jelly recommends: A High Street Odyssey September 8, 2014
- Have your say.. August 13, 2014
- Shadow Writers Group August 12, 2014
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...
- Alice: Looking forward to finding out the happenings of t...
- jelly: hello, unfortunately we are short on spaces but pl...