A range of textile and paper items from half and half, at Elsie’s for the third time. Researched and original photography, combined with stitching, on cotton, felt and stones. Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do is Thursday 5 December 12-8pm, Friday 6 December 10am – 6pm and Saturday 10am – 6pm. Market Place, Reading, RG1 2DE […]
Julie’s work primarily focuses on the landscape and coastline of The Purbeck Isles in Dorset, where she responds to local topography: the sea, tide and moon, the migration of birds, changing seasons, erosion of geology and historical use of land. Drawing and painting from life is vital to the formation of her ideas and these […]
CONSTELLATION, Friday 25 October A multi disciplinary, multi venue trail of eclectic art. jelly is one of a number of venues taking part in Constellation and we would love you to: ‘Help us make it through the night’ 42 Market Place RG1 2DE 7.30pm – 11.30pm Come along and join jelly studio resident artists on […]
Jelly is one of the ten venues involved in the epic ‘Constellation’ – the main event of this year’s Whitley Arts Festival – its artists creating a collaborative art experience. On the 25th October The Whitley Arts Festival mounts it’s most ambitious project to date by orchestrating a ten-venue multi disciplinary all day art trail […]
Reading Arts Week is a week-long event showcasing emerging and established artists from across Reading delivered by Reading Borough Council. Reading Arts Week – make your art submission today! Submissions close this Sunday (2nd June)! The work you submit will go forward to be exhibited at the Reading Arts Week Exhibition taking place on Saturday […]
Last night I was a guest at the final in Reading of the Youth and Philanthropy Initiative. I had not heard about the programme until we were approached by a set of yr 10 students: Jordan, Ketan, Louie and Orlando who wanted to bid for support for jelly through the YPI programme. The programme awards […]
SMART is a free, family festival developed by the 2012 Partnership Board. It is a celebration of Sport, Music and Art along the Thames on 'Super Saturday', the middle weekend of the Olympic Games. The event takes place on Saturday 4 August and runs from 12noon to 6pm. During the day the event will celebrate […]
Remember last year, on what should have been a sunny day in August for the Capture Reading Project? 11.21 on 18.08. The day that it poured with rain but for one minute in the morning and one minute at night different people took part in showing us a second of their life. This day It's […]
We're delighted to be working in The Oracle, Reading again – we have been invited back for a limited period to create an Aunt Elsie's Parlour on the mezzanine on the Upper Level (right by Boots and Body Shop). If you don't already know an Aunt Elsie's Parlour is a special collection/ installation of pieces […]
A big thank you to everyone that came to help us this Saturday finish up our bunting project and to all the people who have donated bunting. There are some great stories around the bunting making from the self titled "old bags" who have been cutting up their old clothes, to the children who have […]
Sign up for our mailing list.
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- early start April 23, 2010
- This week at jelly March 2, 2014
- This week at jelly February 16, 2014
- jelly suggests: Bold Girls February 16, 2014
- yoga at jelly February 14, 2014
- Experimental Drawing February 7, 2014
- Alison: I can't make this one I'm away , but please let ...
- Susan Rimmer: This looks fab and I would love to sign up for it ...
- Fifty inspiring ideas for places (Part two) | Revolutionary Arts: […] Card 97. Use public art to celebrate tra...
- Alison: There were, I think, 5 children there on Thursday ...
- Lucy: Hello! You don't mention the times for the knit n...