We are delighted to be able to invite you to Aunt Elsie’s Spring Fling. Friday 3rd May, Saturday 4th May 10am-6pm, Aunt Elsie’s Marquee, Market Place, Reading Following on from the success of Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do last year, we are once again putting up the marquee, bringing out the bunting, laying the tables with […]
We just had the most fantastic four days as part of the national Heritage Open Days in a programme coordinated by Reading UK CIC here in Reading. We were very lucky to be asked to deliver a programme of four days of workshops which included Fairisle Knitting (at John Lewis), Freeform Graffiti Crochet (at Jacksons), […]
Wow, it’s a year since the 3rd Thursdays started and we’ve had a fantastic time working with so many artists and businesses. To celebrate we have a very special third Thursday on Thursday 17 November with not one, but two events. We are back where it all began as guests of Novotel, celebrating the beginning […]
Capture Reading, 11.21 on 18.08 On the Third Thursday of August, (18.08) we are inviting as many people who work, live and play in Reading to take a photo of whatever they are doing or wherever they are in Reading at 11.21am This digital, art and heritage event aims to capture images of Reading […]
Last Thursday, which was a Third Thursday, we hosted an arty street party on Broad Street – this may have been one of my favourite Third Thursdays. It was a long day, with sunshine and art which was brought to an abrupt end by a heavy prolonged shower. There are many pictures to be added […]
This month’s Third Thursday event will transform the streetscape of Reading into a living studio. A cluster of artists, designers, performers andcreatives of all types will take their art to the streets to enjoy an arty street party. Each artist will have their own table and chairs where the community will be invited to sit […]
This week is going to be a big week for us ( it has already started). Yesterday was the launch of Reading Arts Week at the Forbury, led by the New Directions Team. I didn’t make it there as I was in the outside inside festival shop partly, planning for the Coopers days this week, […]
One of our favourite shops that we use for the Open for Art project, at 27/28 Market Place, is launching at 10 am today as a pop-up festival shop for outside:inside. There will be cakes, treats and the chance to see some of the work by the exhibiting artists in the festival plus hear some […]
Since we started Third Thursday events back in November 2010, we have not had rain and each event has been in doors. The only exception being the December Third Thursday with the Reading Stories event at Blandy and Blandy where we had snow (beautiful snow showers). Typically today, when we start a series of Third […]
Many thanks to Salvo Toscano for the shoot, Vintage Roots for the wine, London and County for the space, Haslams for the sponsorship, Two Rivers Press for the words, Whiteknights Studio Trail for the Art, Louie Hall for the sounds and Reading UK CIC for seed funding this programme.
Sign up for our mailing list.
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- early start April 23, 2010
- Our lovely friends at Vintage Roots have a special giveaway.. April 11, 2014
- Aunt Elsie’s, artist opportunities and this week at jelly April 10, 2014
- Reading Arts and Music Week 2014 April 9, 2014
- Another week at jelly and even more happening.. March 23, 2014
- RBL Theatre Company are delighted to offer an Easter Drama Workshop based on the hit Disney film, ‘Toy Story’, to all 4 to 8 year olds. March 21, 2014
- jelly: We will be doing this again, we will find out the ...
- Celia Hemken: This approach to art is what I LOVE and I am looki...
- Alex Hickman: I run a new business centre and would love to offe...
- Reading Fringe Festival – The Mystery Arts Trail: […] For full details you can download full d...
- Alison: I can't make this one I'm away , but please let ...