We are delighted to be able to invite you to Aunt Elsie’s Spring Fling. Friday 3rd May, Saturday 4th May 10am-6pm, Aunt Elsie’s Marquee, Market Place, Reading Following on from the success of Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do last year, we are once again putting up the marquee, bringing out the bunting, laying the tables with […]
We just had the most fantastic four days as part of the national Heritage Open Days in a programme coordinated by Reading UK CIC here in Reading. We were very lucky to be asked to deliver a programme of four days of workshops which included Fairisle Knitting (at John Lewis), Freeform Graffiti Crochet (at Jacksons), […]
Wow, it’s a year since the 3rd Thursdays started and we’ve had a fantastic time working with so many artists and businesses. To celebrate we have a very special third Thursday on Thursday 17 November with not one, but two events. We are back where it all began as guests of Novotel, celebrating the beginning […]
Capture Reading, 11.21 on 18.08 On the Third Thursday of August, (18.08) we are inviting as many people who work, live and play in Reading to take a photo of whatever they are doing or wherever they are in Reading at 11.21am This digital, art and heritage event aims to capture images of Reading […]
Last Thursday, which was a Third Thursday, we hosted an arty street party on Broad Street – this may have been one of my favourite Third Thursdays. It was a long day, with sunshine and art which was brought to an abrupt end by a heavy prolonged shower. There are many pictures to be added […]
This month’s Third Thursday event will transform the streetscape of Reading into a living studio. A cluster of artists, designers, performers andcreatives of all types will take their art to the streets to enjoy an arty street party. Each artist will have their own table and chairs where the community will be invited to sit […]
This week is going to be a big week for us ( it has already started). Yesterday was the launch of Reading Arts Week at the Forbury, led by the New Directions Team. I didn’t make it there as I was in the outside inside festival shop partly, planning for the Coopers days this week, […]
One of our favourite shops that we use for the Open for Art project, at 27/28 Market Place, is launching at 10 am today as a pop-up festival shop for outside:inside. There will be cakes, treats and the chance to see some of the work by the exhibiting artists in the festival plus hear some […]
Since we started Third Thursday events back in November 2010, we have not had rain and each event has been in doors. The only exception being the December Third Thursday with the Reading Stories event at Blandy and Blandy where we had snow (beautiful snow showers). Typically today, when we start a series of Third […]
Many thanks to Salvo Toscano for the shoot, Vintage Roots for the wine, London and County for the space, Haslams for the sponsorship, Two Rivers Press for the words, Whiteknights Studio Trail for the Art, Louie Hall for the sounds and Reading UK CIC for seed funding this programme.
Sign up for our mailing list.
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- early start April 23, 2010
- This week at jelly March 2, 2014
- This week at jelly February 16, 2014
- jelly suggests: Bold Girls February 16, 2014
- yoga at jelly February 14, 2014
- Experimental Drawing February 7, 2014
- Alison: I can't make this one I'm away , but please let ...
- Susan Rimmer: This looks fab and I would love to sign up for it ...
- Fifty inspiring ideas for places (Part two) | Revolutionary Arts: […] Card 97. Use public art to celebrate tra...
- Alison: There were, I think, 5 children there on Thursday ...
- Lucy: Hello! You don't mention the times for the knit n...