Tonight, Monday 17 March, Yoga at jelly, jelly 2, 7-8.30pm The 90 mins class will be open to all levels and will explore dynamic postures, use of breath and deep relaxation. Hannah combines her training in classical Hatha yoga with her constant study of different yoga styles to create a class which strengthens the body, […]
“Bold Girls” comes to Progress Theatre Acclaimed story of Northern Ireland’s Troubles to appear at Reading theatre Progress Theatre is pleased to announce Bold Girls by Rona Munro as the first production of its Spring/Summer season, continuing its tradition of presenting challenging, contemporary works to the theatre-goers of Reading. Set in Belfast in 1989, Bold […]
It’s been almost two weeks since we found the time to update on what has been going on and what is coming up next. Much has happened, a lovely drypoint workshop at Rebecca Swainston’s studio, an all day life drawing class, Alexandra Vintage’s first birthday, more outreach workshops for Wish You Were Here and plenty […]
Jelly Review: The Wolves of Willoughby Chase, Progress Theatre I wasn’t sure what to expect from this play. I had some vague recollections of Joan Aiken’s books mostly lived through my younger sister’s love for the author. Happily this was a funny and exciting adaptation with intrigue, melodrama, puppets and folk songs. The stage, lighting […]
The Wolves are coming… to Progress Theatre Progress Theatre is to produce the amateur premiere of a childrens classic Some interesting facts about wolves: they love the taste of dogs; they’re happy to indulge in a spot of cannibalism; and they can swim distances of up to 8 miles thanks to small webs between their […]
Preview: Moonlight and Magnolias, Progress Theatre Moonlight and Magnolias is set in Hollywood in 1939. Jewish refugees are leaving Nazi Germany and the first few weeks of filming for Gone with the Wind has just been completed. Vivien Leigh’s playing the title role, but producer David O Selznick (Alex McCubbin) is not happy. The film’s […]
Review: 8th Annual Writefest, Progress Theatre 65 scripts, sliced down to 8 winning stage productions, performed in one night. If you’re perhaps a choosey, infrequent or complete newbie theatre goer then Writefest is a great way to sample a mix of theatrical styles as well as an opportunity to preview new and developing talents in […]
The Third Thursday 20 June has two special events: Firstly back at Progress Theatre where they are delighted to present Blithe Spirit, one of Noël Coward’s best loved plays. Written in London in 1941 while Noel Coward was working covertly as a member of the British Secret Service, it was the perfect antidote to the […]
jelly suggests: Little Shop of Horrors 18-27 April 2013 Progress Theatre, The Mount, Christchurch Road, Reading, RG1 5HL Audrey (Bethan Harris) and Seymour (Parry Bates) help Mushnik (Jamie Trick) with a spot of renovation In the slums of Skid Row amateur botanist Seymour finds a plant which promises fame, fortune and the affections of beautiful […]
Normally when we have a Third Thursday we go to rehearsals, read up a bit or even have recognised the story so this coming Third Thursday holds a bit of the unknown for us. I am going not knowing the story other than the synopsis below, how it will be staged or what will happen. […]
Sign up for our mailing list.
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- early start April 23, 2010
- Our lovely friends at Vintage Roots have a special giveaway.. April 11, 2014
- Aunt Elsie’s, artist opportunities and this week at jelly April 10, 2014
- Reading Arts and Music Week 2014 April 9, 2014
- Another week at jelly and even more happening.. March 23, 2014
- RBL Theatre Company are delighted to offer an Easter Drama Workshop based on the hit Disney film, ‘Toy Story’, to all 4 to 8 year olds. March 21, 2014
- jelly: We will be doing this again, we will find out the ...
- Celia Hemken: This approach to art is what I LOVE and I am looki...
- Alex Hickman: I run a new business centre and would love to offe...
- Reading Fringe Festival – The Mystery Arts Trail: […] For full details you can download full d...
- Alison: I can't make this one I'm away , but please let ...