The Third Thursday 20 June has two special events: Firstly back at Progress Theatre where they are delighted to present Blithe Spirit, one of Noël Coward’s best loved plays. Written in London in 1941 while Noel Coward was working covertly as a member of the British Secret Service, it was the perfect antidote to the [...]
jelly suggests: Little Shop of Horrors 18-27 April 2013 Progress Theatre, The Mount, Christchurch Road, Reading, RG1 5HL Audrey (Bethan Harris) and Seymour (Parry Bates) help Mushnik (Jamie Trick) with a spot of renovation In the slums of Skid Row amateur botanist Seymour finds a plant which promises fame, fortune and the affections of beautiful [...]
Normally when we have a Third Thursday we go to rehearsals, read up a bit or even have recognised the story so this coming Third Thursday holds a bit of the unknown for us. I am going not knowing the story other than the synopsis below, how it will be staged or what will happen. [...]
We are delighted to announce we have a winner of the two complimentary tickets to our first Third Thursday event, Terry Pratchett's The Fifth Elephant on Thursday 17 January at Progress Theatre. Well done Sue and commiserations to everyone else. There are still a few tickets left for the show, for a bargain £10 which [...]
Just time to pop in before the Christmas season really kicks in and to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. 2012 has been a fantastic year for us, thank you for your support in so many ways and to say thank you we are offering two complimentary tickets to our first Third Thursday event, [...]
I had the pleasure of attending the Third Thursday performance of Calendar Girls at the Progress Theatre – and boy, was I impressed. Maybe it helped that the moment I walked in, I was handed a voucher which I promptly exchanged for a glass of wine. I was unable to attend the pre-show director's talk, [...]
There are so many posts this week of things to do, join in and take part that we thought we would narrow it down to a potted highlights here just in case you miss anything. Firstly, the last Third Thursday at Calendar Girls was wonderful, moving, funny, sad and shortly we will have a guest [...]
Progress Theatre’s 65th Anniversary, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead by Tom Stoppard Directed by Glynn Oram 15th-20th October Doors open at 7.15pm, Performance at 7:45pm Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, two minor characters in Hamlet, are thrust front and centre in Tom Stoppard’s absurdist comedy. Trapped in a limbo [...]
We have had such a fantastic response to our Third Thursday event on Thursday 20th September at Progress Theatre with only a limited number of seats left. Last night was press night and you can read a review about it here in Get Reading. If you have been before, you will know that Third Thursday [...]
We would love to welcome you back to a new season of Third Thursday events, starting with our first one on Thursday September 20 with our special friends at Progress Theatre and a performance of Calendar Girls by Tim Firth. Based on the Miramax motion picture by Juliette Towhidi and Tim Firth, directed by Aidan [...]
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- early start April 23, 2010
- Agnes (Roboknit) came to knit night June 10, 2013
- Whiteknights Studio Trail 15th and 16th June 2013 June 10, 2013
- A new online gallery space.. June 10, 2013
- The Third Thursday, 20 June June 3, 2013
- The hang-on is back… May 30, 2013
- The Emma Press’s First Spring Fling | The Emma Press: [...] Elsie’s is AMAZING. It’s loving...
- Sarah: Count me in - I would love to attend. Thanks...
- The awesome Aunt Elsie is here again! | Strength Collective: [...] awesome Aunt Elsie is here again with her 2 ...
- Radio interview for AIRwaves | Art in Bloom: [...] is a one hour programme hosted by Suzanne St...
- knittingforart: double kessling, how very cool.;-)...