Tonight, Monday 17 March, Yoga at jelly, jelly 2, 7-8.30pm The 90 mins class will be open to all levels and will explore dynamic postures, use of breath and deep relaxation. Hannah combines her training in classical Hatha yoga with her constant study of different yoga styles to create a class which strengthens the body, […]
“Bold Girls” comes to Progress Theatre Acclaimed story of Northern Ireland’s Troubles to appear at Reading theatre Progress Theatre is pleased to announce Bold Girls by Rona Munro as the first production of its Spring/Summer season, continuing its tradition of presenting challenging, contemporary works to the theatre-goers of Reading. Set in Belfast in 1989, Bold […]
It’s been almost two weeks since we found the time to update on what has been going on and what is coming up next. Much has happened, a lovely drypoint workshop at Rebecca Swainston’s studio, an all day life drawing class, Alexandra Vintage’s first birthday, more outreach workshops for Wish You Were Here and plenty […]
Jelly Review: The Wolves of Willoughby Chase, Progress Theatre I wasn’t sure what to expect from this play. I had some vague recollections of Joan Aiken’s books mostly lived through my younger sister’s love for the author. Happily this was a funny and exciting adaptation with intrigue, melodrama, puppets and folk songs. The stage, lighting […]
The Wolves are coming… to Progress Theatre Progress Theatre is to produce the amateur premiere of a childrens classic Some interesting facts about wolves: they love the taste of dogs; they’re happy to indulge in a spot of cannibalism; and they can swim distances of up to 8 miles thanks to small webs between their […]
Preview: Moonlight and Magnolias, Progress Theatre Moonlight and Magnolias is set in Hollywood in 1939. Jewish refugees are leaving Nazi Germany and the first few weeks of filming for Gone with the Wind has just been completed. Vivien Leigh’s playing the title role, but producer David O Selznick (Alex McCubbin) is not happy. The film’s […]
Review: 8th Annual Writefest, Progress Theatre 65 scripts, sliced down to 8 winning stage productions, performed in one night. If you’re perhaps a choosey, infrequent or complete newbie theatre goer then Writefest is a great way to sample a mix of theatrical styles as well as an opportunity to preview new and developing talents in […]
The Third Thursday 20 June has two special events: Firstly back at Progress Theatre where they are delighted to present Blithe Spirit, one of Noël Coward’s best loved plays. Written in London in 1941 while Noel Coward was working covertly as a member of the British Secret Service, it was the perfect antidote to the […]
jelly suggests: Little Shop of Horrors 18-27 April 2013 Progress Theatre, The Mount, Christchurch Road, Reading, RG1 5HL Audrey (Bethan Harris) and Seymour (Parry Bates) help Mushnik (Jamie Trick) with a spot of renovation In the slums of Skid Row amateur botanist Seymour finds a plant which promises fame, fortune and the affections of beautiful […]
Normally when we have a Third Thursday we go to rehearsals, read up a bit or even have recognised the story so this coming Third Thursday holds a bit of the unknown for us. I am going not knowing the story other than the synopsis below, how it will be staged or what will happen. […]
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- Have your say.. August 13, 2014
- Shadow Writers Group August 12, 2014
- Waiting for Godot August 12, 2014
- ‘What is it like to be part of jelly?’ – Katie Maria Francis August 10, 2014
- Artists Opportunity – RBL Annual Themed Art Exhibition August 7, 2014
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...
- Alice: Looking forward to finding out the happenings of t...
- jelly: hello, unfortunately we are short on spaces but pl...