Preview: Moonlight and Magnolias, Progress Theatre Moonlight and Magnolias is set in Hollywood in 1939. Jewish refugees are leaving Nazi Germany and the first few weeks of filming for Gone with the Wind has just been completed. Vivien Leigh’s playing the title role, but producer David O Selznick (Alex McCubbin) is not happy. The film’s […]
Review: 8th Annual Writefest, Progress Theatre 65 scripts, sliced down to 8 winning stage productions, performed in one night. If you’re perhaps a choosey, infrequent or complete newbie theatre goer then Writefest is a great way to sample a mix of theatrical styles as well as an opportunity to preview new and developing talents in […]
The Third Thursday 20 June has two special events: Firstly back at Progress Theatre where they are delighted to present Blithe Spirit, one of Noël Coward’s best loved plays. Written in London in 1941 while Noel Coward was working covertly as a member of the British Secret Service, it was the perfect antidote to the […]
jelly suggests: Little Shop of Horrors 18-27 April 2013 Progress Theatre, The Mount, Christchurch Road, Reading, RG1 5HL Audrey (Bethan Harris) and Seymour (Parry Bates) help Mushnik (Jamie Trick) with a spot of renovation In the slums of Skid Row amateur botanist Seymour finds a plant which promises fame, fortune and the affections of beautiful […]
Normally when we have a Third Thursday we go to rehearsals, read up a bit or even have recognised the story so this coming Third Thursday holds a bit of the unknown for us. I am going not knowing the story other than the synopsis below, how it will be staged or what will happen. […]
We are delighted to announce we have a winner of the two complimentary tickets to our first Third Thursday event, Terry Pratchett's The Fifth Elephant on Thursday 17 January at Progress Theatre. Well done Sue and commiserations to everyone else. There are still a few tickets left for the show, for a bargain £10 which […]
Just time to pop in before the Christmas season really kicks in and to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. 2012 has been a fantastic year for us, thank you for your support in so many ways and to say thank you we are offering two complimentary tickets to our first Third Thursday event, […]
I had the pleasure of attending the Third Thursday performance of Calendar Girls at the Progress Theatre – and boy, was I impressed. Maybe it helped that the moment I walked in, I was handed a voucher which I promptly exchanged for a glass of wine. I was unable to attend the pre-show director's talk, […]
There are so many posts this week of things to do, join in and take part that we thought we would narrow it down to a potted highlights here just in case you miss anything. Firstly, the last Third Thursday at Calendar Girls was wonderful, moving, funny, sad and shortly we will have a guest […]
Progress Theatre’s 65th Anniversary, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead by Tom Stoppard Directed by Glynn Oram 15th-20th October Doors open at 7.15pm, Performance at 7:45pm Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, two minor characters in Hamlet, are thrust front and centre in Tom Stoppard’s absurdist comedy. Trapped in a limbo […]
Sign up for our mailing list.
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- early start April 23, 2010
- 17. Lauren Denney at Aunt Elsie’s November 26, 2013
- What is it like to be part of jelly? November 25, 2013
- 16. Patchwork Butterfly – Lisa-Marie Gibbs November 24, 2013
- 15. Tom Cartmill November 22, 2013
- 14. half and half at Aunt Elsie’s November 21, 2013
- The Emma Press’s First Spring Fling | The Emma Press: [...] Elsie’s is AMAZING. It’s loving...
- Sarah: Count me in - I would love to attend. Thanks...
- The awesome Aunt Elsie is here again! | Strength Collective: [...] awesome Aunt Elsie is here again with her 2 ...
- Radio interview for AIRwaves | Art in Bloom: [...] is a one hour programme hosted by Suzanne St...
- knittingforart: double kessling, how very cool.;-)...