We would like to invite you to an open meeting on Monday 23 February at 6pm to visit jelly’s new studio space, The Uniform Department, Jacksons Corner, and bring together ideas and proposals for this years Open for Art (3-5 July). Last year was the first town centre arts trail and celebration of all things […]
Every now and then we ask people who join in for a little while to talk their experience and here we have a piece written by Katie Francis, who is just about to enter the 2nd year of her FdA Creative Arts and Design Practice. You can follow Katie’s progress over on her facebook page: […]
Thank you to everyone who took part, volunteered, visited or exhibited during the Open for Art Weekend, here are a few pictures that tell multi stories. We will be back with Open for Art, 3-5 July 2015. All photos by Salvo Toscano
During the festival weekend, why not learn something new? We are starting to update our workshop listing page over here and there will be plenty more to choose from, from ‘Weaving a little person on sticks’, daily from 2-5pm with Caroline Marriott (£1.50 material charge), to lino cutting and a pop up print room. These […]
A three day Town Centre arts festival to showcase Reading’s hidden talent and creative industries Workshops to ‘pop-up’ exhibitions and artists’ studios in unexpected places, to trails and talks in our most loved spaces, the Open For Art Weekend Festival encompasses all that is great about the arts, heritage and culture. Friday 4th, Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th July welcomes […]
Sunday 6th July, Broad Street West Artists are invited to come and create their own works inspired by Reading, either from the surroundings around them or from an original idea of their own within 3 hours on Broad Street West. You will need to bring all your own materials and easel (and a chair if […]
Cultivation Field 8th – 22nd June 2012 3rd Floor, 42 Market Place, Reading, RG1 2DE and The Keep, 571 Oxford Road, Reading, RG30 1HL Opening: 7th June 2012 17.00-19.00 at 42 Market Place and 19:00-21:00 at The Keep Open hours: 8th June 12:00-16:00; 9th to 22nd June 12:00-18:00 (42 Market Place is […]
Context: Chris Stevens Town-wide exhibition Reading Friday 11th May Private view & free walking tour with the artist & curator Saturday 12th May – Saturday 3rd June 2012 exhibition open Two Reading-based art organisations, roves and roams and Jelly, are working in collaboration to produce a town-wide exhibition of paintings by London-based painter Chris Stevens. […]
This week we have been installing The Museum Tree, a project between Reading Museum, St Martin's Primary School, Wilson Primary School and Jon Lockhart. Here are some pictures taken during installation: The work will be exhibited until 9 May in Market Place Reading. We also said goodbye to the work of Justin Partyka in partnership […]
Field Work: photographs of East Anglia by Justin Partyka 21st January to 22 April, 2012 Museum of English Rural Life ‘Field work: photographs from East Anglia by Justin Partyka’ opens on Saturday January 21st. Partyka's striking photographs challenge contemporary ideas of farming in an age when industrial agriculture dominates, and capture the marginal way […]
Trying to get hold of us?
Sign up for our mailing list.
Want to join us for Open for Art 2015?
Please sign our Open for Art list here and we will keep you posted
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- Something for this weekend in Reading and beyond May 14, 2015
- A forthcoming competition plus studio visits, an arts trail and workshops May 5, 2015
- Want to join us? There is plenty going on for the next two weeks and beyond April 28, 2015
- Animation Club, Off the Grid and the Reading Contemporary Art Fair April 15, 2015
- Easter trails and workshops April 2, 2015
- New year new projects with www.jelly.org.uk |: […] and exciting times for Jelly as we move ...
- Sarah Dawnay: Good luck with finding a new home for jelly! You m...
- Emma Fellowes: Hi, Please could you confirm if you are still h...
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...