Cultivation Field 8th – 22nd June 2012 3rd Floor, 42 Market Place, Reading, RG1 2DE and The Keep, 571 Oxford Road, Reading, RG30 1HL Opening: 7th June 2012 17.00-19.00 at 42 Market Place and 19:00-21:00 at The Keep Open hours: 8th June 12:00-16:00; 9th to 22nd June 12:00-18:00 (42 Market Place is […]
Context: Chris Stevens Town-wide exhibition Reading Friday 11th May Private view & free walking tour with the artist & curator Saturday 12th May – Saturday 3rd June 2012 exhibition open Two Reading-based art organisations, roves and roams and Jelly, are working in collaboration to produce a town-wide exhibition of paintings by London-based painter Chris Stevens. […]
This week we have been installing The Museum Tree, a project between Reading Museum, St Martin's Primary School, Wilson Primary School and Jon Lockhart. Here are some pictures taken during installation: The work will be exhibited until 9 May in Market Place Reading. We also said goodbye to the work of Justin Partyka in partnership […]
Field Work: photographs of East Anglia by Justin Partyka 21st January to 22 April, 2012 Museum of English Rural Life ‘Field work: photographs from East Anglia by Justin Partyka’ opens on Saturday January 21st. Partyka's striking photographs challenge contemporary ideas of farming in an age when industrial agriculture dominates, and capture the marginal way […]
The Current Open for Art installation at 173 Friar Street, Reading (by Town Hall Square) is The Mosaic Lisa and it is looking for a new home. The Mosaic Lisa was begun in 2007 as part of a community art project (The Dept. of Good Ideas) run by local artist Andy Noyes, with the help […]
One of our favourite shops that we use for the Open for Art project, at 27/28 Market Place, is launching at 10 am today as a pop-up festival shop for outside:inside. There will be cakes, treats and the chance to see some of the work by the exhibiting artists in the festival plus hear some […]
The weekend full of activity has been and gone and we are already prepping ourselves for a new window installation tomorrow – Martin Stubbington, Friars Walk. Artists have been offered spots at the outside:inside pop-up Festival 2011 and this week is full of planning, meetings and admin but we are going to end it […]
There really isn’t ever a "typical day" at jelly – we could be doing anything and yesterday was an example of that. Firstly we were taking down the two exhibition spaces in The Walk (kindly donated by London and County). It was the end of the Whiteknights Studio Trail Exhibition as part of the […]
We’ve been featured in this seasons UK Handmade magazine – read it here in http://ukhandmade.co.uk/magazine It includes a feature on the inspirations behind jelly, Suzanne Stallard, pages 52-54 and a piece in the pop-up shops feature on pages 18-21. Thanks to our resident photographer, Salvo Toscano again for fab shots of what we do. ps […]
It’s here and it’s live You can read about it on Felix’s blog and by the skin of our teeth we got the piece up and installed in time for Eat Reading Live It was a glorious experience watching the piece being created in the jelly artpad, from popcorn threading, letterpressing and box assembling to […]
Sign up for our mailing list.
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- early start April 23, 2010
- This week at jelly March 2, 2014
- This week at jelly February 16, 2014
- jelly suggests: Bold Girls February 16, 2014
- yoga at jelly February 14, 2014
- Experimental Drawing February 7, 2014
- Alison: I can't make this one I'm away , but please let ...
- Susan Rimmer: This looks fab and I would love to sign up for it ...
- Fifty inspiring ideas for places (Part two) | Revolutionary Arts: […] Card 97. Use public art to celebrate tra...
- Alison: There were, I think, 5 children there on Thursday ...
- Lucy: Hello! You don't mention the times for the knit n...