During the festival weekend, why not learn something new? We are starting to update our workshop listing page over here and there will be plenty more to choose from, from ‘Weaving a little person on sticks’, daily from 2-5pm with Caroline Marriott (£1.50 material charge), to lino cutting and a pop up print room. These […]
A three day Town Centre arts festival to showcase Reading’s hidden talent and creative industries Workshops to ‘pop-up’ exhibitions and artists’ studios in unexpected places, to trails and talks in our most loved spaces, the Open For Art Weekend Festival encompasses all that is great about the arts, heritage and culture. Friday 4th, Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th July welcomes […]
Sunday 6th July, Broad Street West Artists are invited to come and create their own works inspired by Reading, either from the surroundings around them or from an original idea of their own within 3 hours on Broad Street West. You will need to bring all your own materials and easel (and a chair if […]
Cultivation Field 8th – 22nd June 2012 3rd Floor, 42 Market Place, Reading, RG1 2DE and The Keep, 571 Oxford Road, Reading, RG30 1HL Opening: 7th June 2012 17.00-19.00 at 42 Market Place and 19:00-21:00 at The Keep Open hours: 8th June 12:00-16:00; 9th to 22nd June 12:00-18:00 (42 Market Place is […]
Context: Chris Stevens Town-wide exhibition Reading Friday 11th May Private view & free walking tour with the artist & curator Saturday 12th May – Saturday 3rd June 2012 exhibition open Two Reading-based art organisations, roves and roams and Jelly, are working in collaboration to produce a town-wide exhibition of paintings by London-based painter Chris Stevens. […]
This week we have been installing The Museum Tree, a project between Reading Museum, St Martin's Primary School, Wilson Primary School and Jon Lockhart. Here are some pictures taken during installation: The work will be exhibited until 9 May in Market Place Reading. We also said goodbye to the work of Justin Partyka in partnership […]
Field Work: photographs of East Anglia by Justin Partyka 21st January to 22 April, 2012 Museum of English Rural Life ‘Field work: photographs from East Anglia by Justin Partyka’ opens on Saturday January 21st. Partyka's striking photographs challenge contemporary ideas of farming in an age when industrial agriculture dominates, and capture the marginal way […]
The Current Open for Art installation at 173 Friar Street, Reading (by Town Hall Square) is The Mosaic Lisa and it is looking for a new home. The Mosaic Lisa was begun in 2007 as part of a community art project (The Dept. of Good Ideas) run by local artist Andy Noyes, with the help […]
One of our favourite shops that we use for the Open for Art project, at 27/28 Market Place, is launching at 10 am today as a pop-up festival shop for outside:inside. There will be cakes, treats and the chance to see some of the work by the exhibiting artists in the festival plus hear some […]
The weekend full of activity has been and gone and we are already prepping ourselves for a new window installation tomorrow – Martin Stubbington, Friars Walk. Artists have been offered spots at the outside:inside pop-up Festival 2011 and this week is full of planning, meetings and admin but we are going to end it […]
Sign up for our mailing list.
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- Open for Art – the plan, 4-6 July 2014 July 3, 2014
- Open for Art – The Trail Map June 30, 2014
- Open for Art – like to learn something new? June 26, 2014
- Open for Art – Have your Say June 24, 2014
- Open for Art – Fashion illustration Evening – draw like a fashion designer June 23, 2014
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...
- Alice: Looking forward to finding out the happenings of t...
- jelly: hello, unfortunately we are short on spaces but pl...