After a lovely long time feeling settled in one place it is time for us to move on – as from 31 January we will no longer have our town centre space at 42 Market Place and at the time of writing this, we don’t know where we will be. We have kindly offers for […]
Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do 2013 It’s only 29 days until we start the build for Aunt Elsie’s and we have 29 things we need to tell you so we had better get started! Firstly, Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do is Thursday 5 December 12-8pm, Friday 6 December 10am – 6pm and Saturday 10am – 6pm. We […]
We are delighted to be able to invite you to Aunt Elsie’s Spring Fling. Friday 3rd May, Saturday 4th May 10am-6pm, Aunt Elsie’s Marquee, Market Place, Reading Following on from the success of Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do last year, we are once again putting up the marquee, bringing out the bunting, laying the tables with […]
A big thank you to everyone that came to help us this Saturday finish up our bunting project and to all the people who have donated bunting. There are some great stories around the bunting making from the self titled "old bags" who have been cutting up their old clothes, to the children who have […]
Context: Chris Stevens Town-wide exhibition Reading Friday 11th May Private view & free walking tour with the artist & curator Saturday 12th May – Saturday 3rd June 2012 exhibition open Two Reading-based art organisations, roves and roams and Jelly, are working in collaboration to produce a town-wide exhibition of paintings by London-based painter Chris Stevens. […]
We have always loved making bunting and this year being a good opportunity to hang out bunting as much as possible we have been given the area of Market Place Reading to decorate and we need your help to do that!. We already have about 150 m of bunting made but we need much more, […]
Nuit Blanche is an exciting "cultural all-nighter" presenting contemporary art events from dusk to dawn. It enlivens cities all round the world such as Paris, Berlin, Toronto, and now- Reading. This year will be a magical series of indoor and outdoor events on the night of 14/15 October. The night will embrace various venues across […]
There really isn’t ever a "typical day" at jelly – we could be doing anything and yesterday was an example of that. Firstly we were taking down the two exhibition spaces in The Walk (kindly donated by London and County). It was the end of the Whiteknights Studio Trail Exhibition as part of the […]
Reading Town Centre becomes a space for children for one day, Friday 3 June for the annual Childrens Festival Town Centre Day ~ jugglers, stilt walkers, artists and a tightrope walker will change the street scape for the day. We hope you can join us – we will be in Market Place from 11am until […]
Counting down to Nuit Blanche. Nuit Blanche is an exciting “cultural all-nighter” presenting contemporary art events from dusk to dawn. It enlivens cities all round the world such as Paris, Berlin and Toronto, and 2010 is the debut for Reading. This first year will be a small but magical series of indoor and outdoor events […]
Trying to get hold of us?
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- early start April 23, 2010
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- Moving on January 22, 2015
- jelly future news January 12, 2015
- jelly suggests: A Tale Told January 12, 2015
- jelly suggests: Much Ado About Nothing January 9, 2015
- Our last month at 42 Market Place January 5, 2015
- Sarah Dawnay: Good luck with finding a new home for jelly! You m...
- Emma Fellowes: Hi, Please could you confirm if you are still h...
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...