Jo Quinn was one of the original jelly crew, she still runs most of the workshop activity as well as being an artist and teaching too. You can see her work both at Reading Contemporary Art Fair and Aunt Elsie’s Spring Fling. Jo will be exhibiting simple etchings, all hand printed onto old ephemera […]
Pipal Press A new publisher of high quality books and black and white photographs by Michael Thomas about unusual places and people in India. Michael Thomas has made many trips to India over the last 25 years and always armed with black and white film. After a full career in architecture, which included the […]
It's not long now until our next Aunt Elsie event and we are delighted to introduce one of our new participants, Emma Wright: The Emma Press is a small press with a big heart, dedicated to celebrating romance and poetry in ways that are accessible and easy on the eye. The Press was founded in […]
Thank you to everyone that visited Aunt Elsie's Special Do, we know we have already said thanks but we just want to say thank you again. It was very special and magical. So much so that it has been in our head ever since, how are we going to make something so fabulous happen again […]
Have you ever wanted to take part in one of our Secret Markets or even an Aunt Elsie? We are looking for artists, makers, designers, collectors of old things to join us in our Secret Market on Saturday 3 November, 10am-6pm and Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do on Thursday 29 November, 12-8pm, Friday 30 November 10am-6pm, […]
Not only were we leading workshops for Heritage Open Days, we were also lucky enough to be invited to Here's Heritage to run workshops and host a min Aunt Elsie event with some of our favourite makers including Salvo Toscano, Le Petit Pois, Nightmonkey, Patchwork Butterfly, Half and Half, Stealthbunny, Bombella and Alabamawhirly – sounds […]
This coming weekend, Saturday 8th September, Aunt Elsie will be popping up to showcase some of the unique handmade items and delights and even better it is as part of "Here's Heritage" – Outdoor Celebration of Nostalgia a charming fete with a variety of fun-filled activities including singing trio sensation The Bombshells and swing dancing […]
We're delighted to be working in The Oracle, Reading again – we have been invited back for a limited period to create an Aunt Elsie's Parlour on the mezzanine on the Upper Level (right by Boots and Body Shop). If you don't already know an Aunt Elsie's Parlour is a special collection/ installation of pieces […]
Last weekend we held one of our secret things that we love doing so much and a first time visitor has written something here that describes it so well: Aunt Elsie. I find it really hard to describe what "it" is so thank you Bag Lady. One of our long term friends, Salvo then followed […]
Today we have been cleaning out and tidying up, ready for Aunt Elsie and The Secret Market this coming Saturday. We have moved all our music rehearsing equipment out and set up in our new space for making sound and now the ArtPad (jelly's official HQ) is looking empty and sounding quiet. Not for long. […]
Sign up for our mailing list.
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- early start April 23, 2010
- This week at jelly March 2, 2014
- This week at jelly February 16, 2014
- jelly suggests: Bold Girls February 16, 2014
- yoga at jelly February 14, 2014
- Experimental Drawing February 7, 2014
- Alison: I can't make this one I'm away , but please let ...
- Susan Rimmer: This looks fab and I would love to sign up for it ...
- Fifty inspiring ideas for places (Part two) | Revolutionary Arts: […] Card 97. Use public art to celebrate tra...
- Alison: There were, I think, 5 children there on Thursday ...
- Lucy: Hello! You don't mention the times for the knit n...