Jo Quinn was one of the original jelly crew, she still runs most of the workshop activity as well as being an artist and teaching too. You can see her work both at Reading Contemporary Art Fair and Aunt Elsie’s Spring Fling. Jo will be exhibiting simple etchings, all hand printed onto old ephemera […]
Pipal Press A new publisher of high quality books and black and white photographs by Michael Thomas about unusual places and people in India. Michael Thomas has made many trips to India over the last 25 years and always armed with black and white film. After a full career in architecture, which included the […]
It's not long now until our next Aunt Elsie event and we are delighted to introduce one of our new participants, Emma Wright: The Emma Press is a small press with a big heart, dedicated to celebrating romance and poetry in ways that are accessible and easy on the eye. The Press was founded in […]
Thank you to everyone that visited Aunt Elsie's Special Do, we know we have already said thanks but we just want to say thank you again. It was very special and magical. So much so that it has been in our head ever since, how are we going to make something so fabulous happen again […]
Have you ever wanted to take part in one of our Secret Markets or even an Aunt Elsie? We are looking for artists, makers, designers, collectors of old things to join us in our Secret Market on Saturday 3 November, 10am-6pm and Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do on Thursday 29 November, 12-8pm, Friday 30 November 10am-6pm, […]
Not only were we leading workshops for Heritage Open Days, we were also lucky enough to be invited to Here's Heritage to run workshops and host a min Aunt Elsie event with some of our favourite makers including Salvo Toscano, Le Petit Pois, Nightmonkey, Patchwork Butterfly, Half and Half, Stealthbunny, Bombella and Alabamawhirly – sounds […]
This coming weekend, Saturday 8th September, Aunt Elsie will be popping up to showcase some of the unique handmade items and delights and even better it is as part of "Here's Heritage" – Outdoor Celebration of Nostalgia a charming fete with a variety of fun-filled activities including singing trio sensation The Bombshells and swing dancing […]
We're delighted to be working in The Oracle, Reading again – we have been invited back for a limited period to create an Aunt Elsie's Parlour on the mezzanine on the Upper Level (right by Boots and Body Shop). If you don't already know an Aunt Elsie's Parlour is a special collection/ installation of pieces […]
Last weekend we held one of our secret things that we love doing so much and a first time visitor has written something here that describes it so well: Aunt Elsie. I find it really hard to describe what "it" is so thank you Bag Lady. One of our long term friends, Salvo then followed […]
Today we have been cleaning out and tidying up, ready for Aunt Elsie and The Secret Market this coming Saturday. We have moved all our music rehearsing equipment out and set up in our new space for making sound and now the ArtPad (jelly's official HQ) is looking empty and sounding quiet. Not for long. […]
Trying to get hold of us?
Sign up for our mailing list.
Want to join us for Open for Art 2015?
Please sign our Open for Art list here and we will keep you posted
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- Animation Club, Off the Grid and the Reading Contemporary Art Fair April 15, 2015
- Easter trails and workshops April 2, 2015
- jelly recommends- The Boy Who Bit Picasso April 1, 2015
- Workshops? We’ve got them covered. March 25, 2015
- Jelly preview: Gaslight, Progress Theatre February 25, 2015
- New year new projects with www.jelly.org.uk |: […] and exciting times for Jelly as we move ...
- Sarah Dawnay: Good luck with finding a new home for jelly! You m...
- Emma Fellowes: Hi, Please could you confirm if you are still h...
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...