Jo Quinn was one of the original jelly crew, she still runs most of the workshop activity as well as being an artist and teaching too. You can see her work both at Reading Contemporary Art Fair and Aunt Elsie’s Spring Fling. Jo will be exhibiting simple etchings, all hand printed onto old ephemera […]
Pipal Press A new publisher of high quality books and black and white photographs by Michael Thomas about unusual places and people in India. Michael Thomas has made many trips to India over the last 25 years and always armed with black and white film. After a full career in architecture, which included the […]
It's not long now until our next Aunt Elsie event and we are delighted to introduce one of our new participants, Emma Wright: The Emma Press is a small press with a big heart, dedicated to celebrating romance and poetry in ways that are accessible and easy on the eye. The Press was founded in […]
Thank you to everyone that visited Aunt Elsie's Special Do, we know we have already said thanks but we just want to say thank you again. It was very special and magical. So much so that it has been in our head ever since, how are we going to make something so fabulous happen again […]
Have you ever wanted to take part in one of our Secret Markets or even an Aunt Elsie? We are looking for artists, makers, designers, collectors of old things to join us in our Secret Market on Saturday 3 November, 10am-6pm and Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do on Thursday 29 November, 12-8pm, Friday 30 November 10am-6pm, […]
Not only were we leading workshops for Heritage Open Days, we were also lucky enough to be invited to Here's Heritage to run workshops and host a min Aunt Elsie event with some of our favourite makers including Salvo Toscano, Le Petit Pois, Nightmonkey, Patchwork Butterfly, Half and Half, Stealthbunny, Bombella and Alabamawhirly – sounds […]
This coming weekend, Saturday 8th September, Aunt Elsie will be popping up to showcase some of the unique handmade items and delights and even better it is as part of "Here's Heritage" – Outdoor Celebration of Nostalgia a charming fete with a variety of fun-filled activities including singing trio sensation The Bombshells and swing dancing […]
We're delighted to be working in The Oracle, Reading again – we have been invited back for a limited period to create an Aunt Elsie's Parlour on the mezzanine on the Upper Level (right by Boots and Body Shop). If you don't already know an Aunt Elsie's Parlour is a special collection/ installation of pieces […]
Last weekend we held one of our secret things that we love doing so much and a first time visitor has written something here that describes it so well: Aunt Elsie. I find it really hard to describe what "it" is so thank you Bag Lady. One of our long term friends, Salvo then followed […]
Today we have been cleaning out and tidying up, ready for Aunt Elsie and The Secret Market this coming Saturday. We have moved all our music rehearsing equipment out and set up in our new space for making sound and now the ArtPad (jelly's official HQ) is looking empty and sounding quiet. Not for long. […]
Sign up for our mailing list.
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- early start April 23, 2010
- Our lovely friends at Vintage Roots have a special giveaway.. April 11, 2014
- Aunt Elsie’s, artist opportunities and this week at jelly April 10, 2014
- Reading Arts and Music Week 2014 April 9, 2014
- Another week at jelly and even more happening.. March 23, 2014
- RBL Theatre Company are delighted to offer an Easter Drama Workshop based on the hit Disney film, ‘Toy Story’, to all 4 to 8 year olds. March 21, 2014
- jelly: We will be doing this again, we will find out the ...
- Celia Hemken: This approach to art is what I LOVE and I am looki...
- Alex Hickman: I run a new business centre and would love to offe...
- Reading Fringe Festival – The Mystery Arts Trail: […] For full details you can download full d...
- Alison: I can't make this one I'm away , but please let ...