Last night I was a guest at the final in Reading of the Youth and Philanthropy Initiative. I had not heard about the programme until we were approached by a set of yr 10 students: Jordan, Ketan, Louie and Orlando who wanted to bid for support for jelly through the YPI programme. The programme awards [...]
We are delighted to be able to invite you to Aunt Elsie’s Spring Fling. Friday 3rd May, Saturday 4th May 10am-6pm, Aunt Elsie’s Marquee, Market Place, Reading Following on from the success of Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do last year, we are once again putting up the marquee, bringing out the bunting, laying the tables with [...]
Caversham Arts Trail 2013 The fourth Caversham Arts Trail will be held on 11–12 and 17–19 May 2013. Admission is free and all venues are open from 11am–5pm. The Trail will take place in a thirteen venues across Caversham with 29 artists taking part. This year there will be eight new artists and two new [...]
Anne Wilson has been part of the jelly team and one of our favourite artists for may years now, you can see some of her work now again locally in Picnic as well as the forthcoming Whiteknights Studio Trail. Welcoming back Anne Wilson: Much of my work is inspired by everyday life, pattern, colour and [...]
Introducing two artists who have been exhibiting with us for a very long time, Paul Kessling and Kate Kessling. Normally we would talk about them individually but this year they have collaborated on a major piece for the Reading Contemporary Art Fair. Kessling/Kessling Dot Matrix 77/1 ALL IS NUMBER Concrete, resin 140cm x 98 cm [...]
It’s nearly time for us to be at the Reading Contemporary Art Fair (27-28 April) and we will be unveiling some of the artists who will be exhibiting with us, first up is the work of Fletcher Prentice. Although not a Reading based artist we met him through one of the jelly favourite artists Charlotte [...]
It's almost here, the day that we are opening all the doors in our space at 42 Market Place for you to come in and see what we do in there in the jelly open studios. Open Studios, Saturday 6 April 11am-4pm. The first floor will be host to the resident artists as well as [...]
Counting the days until the Secret Market.. And we are already letting you into a few secrets, visit The Secret Market website to see some of the makers, designers and creatives who are taking part. Come and join us, Saturday 3rd November, 42 Market Place, a little secret place we know behind an unassuming door. [...]
The SMART 2012 committee are delighted to be able to offer a limited number of FREE arts activities to schools, groups and nurseries in the lead up to SMART 2012 coordinated by jelly. The workshops have been funded by Earley Charities and will include banner and flag making, bunting and willow sculptures. We will [...]
Saturday 2 June Aunt Elsie will be back putting on another "Do" and this time she's joining forces with The Secret Market. If you came to Aunt Elsie's in December you will know it's a mix of beautiful handmade items and artists, being a little bit quirky and changing the way the building looks. This [...]
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- early start April 23, 2010
- Agnes (Roboknit) came to knit night June 10, 2013
- Whiteknights Studio Trail 15th and 16th June 2013 June 10, 2013
- A new online gallery space.. June 10, 2013
- The Third Thursday, 20 June June 3, 2013
- The hang-on is back… May 30, 2013
- The Emma Press’s First Spring Fling | The Emma Press: [...] Elsie’s is AMAZING. It’s loving...
- Sarah: Count me in - I would love to attend. Thanks...
- The awesome Aunt Elsie is here again! | Strength Collective: [...] awesome Aunt Elsie is here again with her 2 ...
- Radio interview for AIRwaves | Art in Bloom: [...] is a one hour programme hosted by Suzanne St...
- knittingforart: double kessling, how very cool.;-)...