It’s been almost two weeks since we found the time to update on what has been going on and what is coming up next. Much has happened, a lovely drypoint workshop at Rebecca Swainston’s studio, an all day life drawing class, Alexandra Vintage’s first birthday, more outreach workshops for Wish You Were Here and plenty […]
A range of textile and paper items from half and half, at Elsie’s for the third time. Researched and original photography, combined with stitching, on cotton, felt and stones. Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do is Thursday 5 December 12-8pm, Friday 6 December 10am – 6pm and Saturday 10am – 6pm. Market Place, Reading, RG1 2DE […]
Julie’s work primarily focuses on the landscape and coastline of The Purbeck Isles in Dorset, where she responds to local topography: the sea, tide and moon, the migration of birds, changing seasons, erosion of geology and historical use of land. Drawing and painting from life is vital to the formation of her ideas and these […]
Introducing one of our favourite artists – Lisa-Marie Gibbs I am inspired by the mundane, insane, gossip, beauty, love, life and all of the other stuff that surrounds us. I have been for the last year working on a series of drawings exploring dialogues between the woman and the bird and am delighted to be […]
We are delighted that Sally Castle is exhibiting with us, Sally exhibited in our very first gallery back in the early 90′s and it is wonderful to be working her again. When Sally Castle designed her first book for Two Rivers Press, she could not have imagined that fifteen years after Rimbaud’s The Drunken Boat […]
Jo Quinn was one of the original jelly crew, she still runs most of the workshop activity as well as being an artist and teaching too. You can see her work both at Reading Contemporary Art Fair and Aunt Elsie’s Spring Fling. Jo will be exhibiting simple etchings, all hand printed onto old ephemera […]
Pipal Press A new publisher of high quality books and black and white photographs by Michael Thomas about unusual places and people in India. Michael Thomas has made many trips to India over the last 25 years and always armed with black and white film. After a full career in architecture, which included the […]
It's only 8 days until the Reading Contemporary Art Fair and we would love to introduce you to one of the new artists we are taking with us: Fletcher Prentice. He is a studio mate of Charlotte Hardy, one of the jelly artists and we love his work too – here's a little peek for […]
Context: Chris Stevens Town-wide exhibition Reading Friday 11th May Private view & free walking tour with the artist & curator Saturday 12th May – Saturday 3rd June 2012 exhibition open Two Reading-based art organisations, roves and roams and Jelly, are working in collaboration to produce a town-wide exhibition of paintings by London-based painter Chris Stevens. […]
Many thanks to Salvo Toscano for the shoot, Vintage Roots for the wine, London and County for the space, Haslams for the sponsorship, Two Rivers Press for the words, Whiteknights Studio Trail for the Art, Louie Hall for the sounds and Reading UK CIC for seed funding this programme.
Sign up for our mailing list.
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- early start April 23, 2010
- This week at jelly March 2, 2014
- This week at jelly February 16, 2014
- jelly suggests: Bold Girls February 16, 2014
- yoga at jelly February 14, 2014
- Experimental Drawing February 7, 2014
- Alison: I can't make this one I'm away , but please let ...
- Susan Rimmer: This looks fab and I would love to sign up for it ...
- Fifty inspiring ideas for places (Part two) | Revolutionary Arts: […] Card 97. Use public art to celebrate tra...
- Alison: There were, I think, 5 children there on Thursday ...
- Lucy: Hello! You don't mention the times for the knit n...