Welcome to the weekend everybody, now before you run off to the shops and start your Christmas shopping remember that we open Make Reading on Thursday and we have something for everyone, take Red Kyte for example, she makes beautiful silver jewellery and brilliant soft toys, my favourite is the Sting Ray, we really are […]
With less than a week to go now we’ve still got a few more makers for you to meet but don’t forget you can have a little recap of the talented bunch that we’ve already introduced you to: Blue Matchbox Cath Baldwin Emma Bradbury Peter Lang Caroline Marriott The Homebirds kekekaka Salvo Toscano Spirited Events Sian Rae Ceramics Marc Juon and not forgetting Santa at Berzerk Productions but now let’s learn […]
Time to get all sparkly with some beautiful jewellery from Marc Juon and if you can’t get sparkly at Christmas then when can you? And what’s even better is that you can buy direct from a descendent, allegedly, of a war lord. Read on to find out more… Tell us a little bit about what […]
So we’ve had pottery, print, textiles, photography, art, weaving, knitting, more textiles, how are you going to choose what to buy? Well, we’re about to make it a whole heap trickier with these beautiful ceramics from Sian Rae. Shopping lists at the ready. Tell us a little […]
Make Reading wouldn’t be possible without some very special people being involved creating a magical space for children and grown ups alike. Spirited Events will be creating our winter wonderland and by the sounds of this they would have a smashing dream dinner party! Tell us a little bit about what you do. Spirited provide […]
This afternoon, just in time for the weekend, a little birdy told me of beautiful bunting, bags and fabric covered books, amongst other treats. The little bird was a Homebird and here she is to introduce herself to you. Tell us a little bit about what you do. I’m a kitchen table crafter, working with fabric […]
We hope you’re enjoying meeting the people that will Make Reading as much as we’re enjoying introducing them. Next on the festive line up we have Peter Lang, an artist who creates animated pictures and films. Anyone who grew up in the 80′s will remember some of his creations very fondly and we’re very happy that it’s more curry […]
Clickety-clack, clickety-clack or maybe it would be swoooooosh, swooooosh. That’s the possible soundtrack to today’s maker Emma Bradbury’s knitting life. Emma not only makes sumptuous knitted textiles in the form of scarves and cushions she is also running a whole heap of workshops for make Reading, from creating your own advent calender, christmassy makes for Jelly Tots, […]
There are only 17 days until make Reading comes to Reading Town Hall with Berkshire’s best artists, designer/makers and craft people and we’re a little bit excited! So, we thought it was about time to start introducing you to the talented bunch you’ll be buying all of your Christmas presents from this year, and maybe […]
We have had a very busy half term with workshops and now we are building up towards make Reading. There are plenty of ways for all ages to join in then but in the meantime we have a few workshops coming up. This weekend will be creating a rag rug celebrating the 10 years of […]
Trying to get hold of us?
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- early start April 23, 2010
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- Meet your maker – Red Kyte November 22, 2014
- Meet your maker – Roelofs & Rubens November 21, 2014
- Meet your maker – Santa Claus November 20, 2014
- Meet your maker – Marc Juon November 19, 2014
- Meet your maker – Sian Rae Ceramics November 18, 2014
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...
- Alice: Looking forward to finding out the happenings of t...
- jelly: hello, unfortunately we are short on spaces but pl...