Here it is, the Open for Art plan – it is so long but we want to tell you what is happening and who is doing it with us. You can pick up trail maps from any of the pop-up studios for a small cost of £1 or download the pdf to your mobile device […]
Soon there will be a post with the plan – it a long post but we want to tell you what is happening and who is doing it with us. Until then you can pick up A2 trail maps from any of the pop-up studios over the three days for a small cost of £1 […]
During the festival weekend, why not learn something new? We are starting to update our workshop listing page over here and there will be plenty more to choose from, from ‘Weaving a little person on sticks’, daily from 2-5pm with Caroline Marriott (£1.50 material charge), to lino cutting and a pop up print room. These […]
“Have your Say” Open for Art is happening because we are being supported by The Cultural Partnership and Reading Business Improvement District to shout out about the hidden creatives and heritage that is in Reading and around us all. We will be doing this various ways during the Open for Art Weekend, from talks, walks […]
Fashion illustration Evening – draw like a fashion designer Jelly and Alexandra Vintage are hosting a special drawing workshop for the Reading Arts Trail on Friday 4th July 6.30pm to 8:30pm. After the success of a class younger artists (age 8+), we have had many requests to rerun this for adults, so here it is […]
A three day Town Centre arts festival to showcase Reading’s hidden talent and creative industries Workshops to ‘pop-up’ exhibitions and artists’ studios in unexpected places, to trails and talks in our most loved spaces, the Open For Art Weekend Festival encompasses all that is great about the arts, heritage and culture. Friday 4th, Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th July welcomes […]
Sunday 6th July, Broad Street West Artists are invited to come and create their own works inspired by Reading, either from the surroundings around them or from an original idea of their own within 3 hours on Broad Street West. You will need to bring all your own materials and easel (and a chair if […]
Now in its 14th year The Whiteknight Studio Trail is a walking tour of artists’ studios in the University Area of Reading. The Whiteknight Studio Trail takes place on 14th and 15th June. All venues are open 11am to 6pm and entry is free. Local artists will open their studios and exhibit their work. This […]
“What do you love about your town, Reading? Come and join Emma and Mark from Jelly and the Shopmobility team at the Oracle this Friday 30th May. Get creative with paint, stitching and recycled materials to create a postcard from Reading. Finished postcards will be exhibited during Reading Arts Trail in July. Free event 10.30am […]
Our lovely friends at Vintage Roots have a special giveaway.. Vintage Roots – The Organic Wine People (www.vintageroots.co.uk) are the UK’s leading organic and biodynamic wine, beer, spirits and drinks specialist. You may not know, but we started our business in Reading, way back in 1986, and we’re still very much based in the local […]
Sign up for our mailing list.
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- Open for Art – the plan, 4-6 July 2014 July 3, 2014
- Open for Art – The Trail Map June 30, 2014
- Open for Art – like to learn something new? June 26, 2014
- Open for Art – Have your Say June 24, 2014
- Open for Art – Fashion illustration Evening – draw like a fashion designer June 23, 2014
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...
- Alice: Looking forward to finding out the happenings of t...
- jelly: hello, unfortunately we are short on spaces but pl...