Firstly we want to say thank you to everyone that has sent messages of support, ideas and suggestions of what to do next. We have been overwhelmed by the love and are working through the ideas writing up plans, pulling things together and hope that in the future we may find a longer term more […]
Thank you everyone for messages, suggestions, tweets and ideas you have shared with us since our post about saying goodbye to no 42 – there are so many people to say thank you too and we will be doing that shortly. At the moment, the plan is to be out of 42 Market Place on […]
A Tale Told – a brand new short festival at South Street A Tale Told South Street Tuesday 20 – Saturday 24 January South Street Arts Centre is proud to present a brand new festival of storytelling theatre for Reading, called A Tale Told. South Street has established itself as a leading venue on the […]
After a lovely long time feeling settled in one place it is time for us to move on – as from 31 January we will no longer have our town centre space at 42 Market Place and at the time of writing this, we don’t know where we will be. We have kindly offers for […]
Happy New Year to everyone! If you’re looking for something to do this weekend to kick start 2015 off with some creative sparkle then head to the Redlands/University area of Reading and take a wander around the Winterval Windows, a project where the community, young and old, have decorated their windows to be […]
But don’t worry, not very far, we’re still at Reading Town Hall, simply turn left through the clock tower gates and not right, and we’ll be there to welcome you with new stock, old favourites and a big ‘ol smile. We have Berkshire’s best designers, makers and artists work all in one place, don’t miss […]
It’s Thursday 27th of November, it’s 11 o’clock, by our watch anyway, and we are officially ready to make Reading! Remember this isn’t just about buying Christmas presents this is about trying to make a connection, and by doing that you could make a friend who teaches you to make something new, make a present to make someone happy, […]
Have you started thinking about what to wear to all of the Christmas parties you will undoubtedly be attending this year? Well, look no further for something original and unique that suits you perfectly, Alexandra Vintage is on hand to help and if you like to combine a bit of craft with your clothes shopping […]
Two more sleeps! And here are two more makers working as a pair. Two’s company, they went in two by two, a terrible twosome, two minds are better than one, possibly yes to all of that but it’s also just really nice to work with your best friend. Tell us a little bit about what […]
This week we are picking up the pace and will be introducing you to two makers a day, we have more for you to meet before we open and we don’t want you missing out. Debbie Page is a ceramicist who also works under the guise of Yellow Shed Pottery, she is drawn to a […]
Trying to get hold of us?
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- early start April 23, 2010
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- Moving on January 22, 2015
- jelly future news January 12, 2015
- jelly suggests: A Tale Told January 12, 2015
- jelly suggests: Much Ado About Nothing January 9, 2015
- Our last month at 42 Market Place January 5, 2015
- Sarah Dawnay: Good luck with finding a new home for jelly! You m...
- Emma Fellowes: Hi, Please could you confirm if you are still h...
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...