Dear artists, designers, makers and recyclers of beautiful old things. We would love you to be part of our handmade at Christmas event. We have a small number of spaces available for new artists, makers and recyclers of beautiful things to join us for our growing Aunt Elsie’s markets. This event will be running alongside […]
It is only a few weeks left until the consultation on Arts, Heritage and Sports ends so please take some time to ‘Have your Say’ The word culture means different things to everyone. It covers a wide variety of activities (for example sport, arts, play), places (for example, libraries, museums, theatres, built heritage, parks) values […]
Shadow Writers Group aims to be a dynamic and inclusive group for budding writers aged between 16 and 25. The group will offer members the chance to discuss ideas about literature as well as building on writing skills already acquired. The group will meet for an hour/two hours every week and each session will be […]
Every now and then we ask people who join in for a little while to talk their experience and here we have a piece written by Katie Francis, who is just about to enter the 2nd year of her FdA Creative Arts and Design Practice. You can follow Katie’s progress over on her facebook page: […]
Postcard from Reading and the Oracle Shopmobility Project: We wanted to create a piece of art for Shopmobility in the Oracle where members of the public could join Jelly artists to make a collaborative project – a piece of art made by the people of Reading for the people of Reading. We wanted to use […]
Thank you to everyone who took part, volunteered, visited or exhibited during the Open for Art Weekend, here are a few pictures that tell multi stories. We will be back with Open for Art, 3-5 July 2015. All photos by Salvo Toscano
Here it is, the Open for Art plan – it is so long but we want to tell you what is happening and who is doing it with us. You can pick up trail maps from any of the pop-up studios for a small cost of £1 or download the pdf to your mobile device […]
Soon there will be a post with the plan – it a long post but we want to tell you what is happening and who is doing it with us. Until then you can pick up A2 trail maps from any of the pop-up studios over the three days for a small cost of £1 […]
During the festival weekend, why not learn something new? We are starting to update our workshop listing page over here and there will be plenty more to choose from, from ‘Weaving a little person on sticks’, daily from 2-5pm with Caroline Marriott (£1.50 material charge), to lino cutting and a pop up print room. These […]
“Have your Say” Open for Art is happening because we are being supported by The Cultural Partnership and Reading Business Improvement District to shout out about the hidden creatives and heritage that is in Reading and around us all. We will be doing this various ways during the Open for Art Weekend, from talks, walks […]
Trying to get hold of us?
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- Artist Opportunity: We would love you to be part of our handmade at Christmas event September 11, 2014
- Darwin and FitzRoy ‘Beards and Beagles’ September 9, 2014
- jelly recommends: A High Street Odyssey September 8, 2014
- Have your say.. August 13, 2014
- Shadow Writers Group August 12, 2014
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...
- Alice: Looking forward to finding out the happenings of t...
- jelly: hello, unfortunately we are short on spaces but pl...