Just a quick reminder of what is happening this week, plus next week our new Yoga session starts (more details here) Tuesday 4 March, The Messy Club - A special needs drop-in playgroup for 0-5s at Jelly Market Place Reading, every Tuesday at 10.30am – 12.30pm There will be messy play and painting, as well […]
It’s half term so we are very busy with craft and arts for the younger age group as well as our usual everyday activities – you can book spaces over here for the workshops. It is just over a week before our new experimental drawing class begins and spaces are being booked up. Monday 17 […]
“Bold Girls” comes to Progress Theatre Acclaimed story of Northern Ireland’s Troubles to appear at Reading theatre Progress Theatre is pleased to announce Bold Girls by Rona Munro as the first production of its Spring/Summer season, continuing its tradition of presenting challenging, contemporary works to the theatre-goers of Reading. Set in Belfast in 1989, Bold […]
Guest blog post by Steph Weller: Could you be the next Alternative Queen of Reading? International Women’s day in 2013 saw the crowning of Reading’s first Alternative Queen! Dame La Reine was the winner, with her burlesque debut act, Special K. The event involved a whole range of contestants – from The Berlin Baroness, to […]
It’s been almost two weeks since we found the time to update on what has been going on and what is coming up next. Much has happened, a lovely drypoint workshop at Rebecca Swainston’s studio, an all day life drawing class, Alexandra Vintage’s first birthday, more outreach workshops for Wish You Were Here and plenty […]
Jelly Review: The Wolves of Willoughby Chase, Progress Theatre I wasn’t sure what to expect from this play. I had some vague recollections of Joan Aiken’s books mostly lived through my younger sister’s love for the author. Happily this was a funny and exciting adaptation with intrigue, melodrama, puppets and folk songs. The stage, lighting […]
To start the year of we have a bountiful amount of workshops happening, we are delighted to be working across West Berkshire in the Wish you Were Here Project and we also thought it was time to update our regular events at jelly so here is a list of what is happening for the next […]
Opportunity for a digital artist In connection with the LibraryFest, there is an opportunity for a digital artist to provide workshops at Theale Library on 20th and 21st March and 14/16/17 April. A project brief is available as a download. The closing date for applications is Friday 17th January.For further information about this opportunity, please […]
Lauren Denney is coming back to join us in our lovely marquee in Market Place and this will be her last show of the year so be sure to visit to pick up your Christmas presents. Lauren designs and makes functional handmade ceramics from her studio in Caversham, Reading. Her collection includes vases, cake stands, […]
20 years of jelly It’s almost our 20th birthday and we have said many a time before how amazing the people are that we work with. As an organisation, a small amount of the work we do is paid and to keep jelly to this age has involved a lot of dedication from many people. […]
Sign up for our mailing list.
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- early start April 23, 2010
- This week at jelly March 2, 2014
- This week at jelly February 16, 2014
- jelly suggests: Bold Girls February 16, 2014
- yoga at jelly February 14, 2014
- Experimental Drawing February 7, 2014
- Alison: I can't make this one I'm away , but please let ...
- Susan Rimmer: This looks fab and I would love to sign up for it ...
- Fifty inspiring ideas for places (Part two) | Revolutionary Arts: […] Card 97. Use public art to celebrate tra...
- Alison: There were, I think, 5 children there on Thursday ...
- Lucy: Hello! You don't mention the times for the knit n...