jelly suggests: Little Shop of Horrors 18-27 April 2013 Progress Theatre, The Mount, Christchurch Road, Reading, RG1 5HL Audrey (Bethan Harris) and Seymour (Parry Bates) help Mushnik (Jamie Trick) with a spot of renovation In the slums of Skid Row amateur botanist Seymour finds a plant which promises fame, fortune and the affections of beautiful […]
Normally when we have a Third Thursday we go to rehearsals, read up a bit or even have recognised the story so this coming Third Thursday holds a bit of the unknown for us. I am going not knowing the story other than the synopsis below, how it will be staged or what will happen. […]
We are delighted to announce a Third Thursday MARCH DOUBLE BILL: Two one act plays in one evening… Firstly, WASP by Steve Martin Directed by Kevin Copping In the perfect 1950s suburbia of the good ole’ USA, something is happening: The power of Dad is waning; Mom, Son and Daughter are starting to think for […]
No, we didn't forget the Third Thursday for February, it's just that we are not actually putting on a special event but "suggesting" things you may want to do. Here is our first suggestion for Thursday 21st February: (and if you want to visit one of our special events, then this might interest you for […]
We are delighted to announce we have a winner of the two complimentary tickets to our first Third Thursday event, Terry Pratchett's The Fifth Elephant on Thursday 17 January at Progress Theatre. Well done Sue and commiserations to everyone else. There are still a few tickets left for the show, for a bargain £10 which […]
As you may notice there are an increasing number of events on our event calendar – we love that. We would love to have more and we know in upcoming months there are some Third Thursdays with multiple options. We would love to hear from you if you have an arts based event on a […]
Just time to pop in before the Christmas season really kicks in and to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. 2012 has been a fantastic year for us, thank you for your support in so many ways and to say thank you we are offering two complimentary tickets to our first Third Thursday event, […]
There are so many posts this week of things to do, join in and take part that we thought we would narrow it down to a potted highlights here just in case you miss anything. Firstly, the last Third Thursday at Calendar Girls was wonderful, moving, funny, sad and shortly we will have a guest […]
Progress Theatre’s 65th Anniversary, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead by Tom Stoppard Directed by Glynn Oram 15th-20th October Doors open at 7.15pm, Performance at 7:45pm Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, two minor characters in Hamlet, are thrust front and centre in Tom Stoppard’s absurdist comedy. Trapped in a limbo […]
The Third Thursday. Thursday 18th October, 6.30pm – 8pm An open evening with Reading Between the Lines Theatre Company The Reading Minster of St Mary the Virgin Church Twelfth Night Reading Between the Lines Theatre Company, a new professional company in Reading, are delighted to offer all of Jelly's 3rd Thursday fans a unique […]
Trying to get hold of us?
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- Rag Rug from Reading – a community project for Shopmobility, Reading September 22, 2014
- Artist Opportunity: We would love you to be part of our handmade at Christmas event September 11, 2014
- Darwin and FitzRoy ‘Beards and Beagles’ September 9, 2014
- jelly recommends: A High Street Odyssey September 8, 2014
- Have your say.. August 13, 2014
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...
- Alice: Looking forward to finding out the happenings of t...
- jelly: hello, unfortunately we are short on spaces but pl...