Lauren Denney is coming back to join us in our lovely marquee in Market Place and this will be her last show of the year so be sure to visit to pick up your Christmas presents. Lauren designs and makes functional handmade ceramics from her studio in Caversham, Reading. Her collection includes vases, cake stands, […]
20 years of jelly It’s almost our 20th birthday and we have said many a time before how amazing the people are that we work with. As an organisation, a small amount of the work we do is paid and to keep jelly to this age has involved a lot of dedication from many people. […]
Patchwork Butterfly, Lisa-Marie Gibbs We have loved being involved in all sorts of projects with Lisa-Marie this year, including The Yellow Suitcase Project and The Artists History of Jacksons, the Contemporary Art Fairs. Some of the work made for the Jacksons project will be available at Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do amongst other gorgeous cards, prints, […]
I will be showing smaller paintings, drawings and prints (both framed and unframed) at the fair. My highly textured paintings, on one level, are very much about the materials and the processes involved in making them: being slowly built up with a variety of materials, from paints and inks, to gesso and earth. I make […]
A range of textile and paper items from half and half, at Elsie’s for the third time. Researched and original photography, combined with stitching, on cotton, felt and stones. Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do is Thursday 5 December 12-8pm, Friday 6 December 10am – 6pm and Saturday 10am – 6pm. Market Place, Reading, RG1 2DE […]
Reading Rep with Mischief Theatre presents: THE NATIVITY PLAY GOES WRONG by Henry Lewis, Jonathan Sayer and Henry Shields Sunday 22 December to Saturday 4 January 7pm and 2.30pm Matinees A farcical take on the traditional Christmas story. The inept and accident prone Script Over Scripture Society (S.O.S) are putting on a production of The […]
Sue Mundy Ceramics Nature, with all its wonderful complexities of colour, texture and form, is a primary source of inspiration to me. My sculptural forms and my more “useful” pieces are all made in the hand, using traditional techniques in a contemporary way. For Aunt Elsie this year I have created “Spindle Spoons”, “Clay shells”, […]
ArtsomeCrafts (handmade crafts felt, wood, and fabric) & MittensByMyGranny (handcrafted gloves) MittensByMyGranny has 30 new unique pairs of handcrafted mittens from pure wool and mix of wool and acrylic with stylish ornamental patterns and colours. Crafted by my dear 79 year old granny Aina. Her talent and skill was generously appreciated at last Aunt Elsie’s […]
Agnes Roboknit Agnes Roboknit is a life-sized humanoid knitting robot. She can knit by hand in a way very similar to a person, using a knitting loom (an alternative way of knitting to using knitting-needles) Agnes was built in Reading and was completed in early 2013, since then she has been touring the UK knitting […]
We are delighted to welcome Marc Juon to his first ever Aunt Elsie’s I specialize in handmade bespoke jewellery exploring the use of precious and semi precious materials inspired by natural shape and form and the technical skills necessary for the craft of jewellery making. Prices range from £20 pounds for small silver earrings and […]
Sign up for our mailing list.
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- early start April 23, 2010
- 17. Lauren Denney at Aunt Elsie’s November 26, 2013
- What is it like to be part of jelly? November 25, 2013
- 16. Patchwork Butterfly – Lisa-Marie Gibbs November 24, 2013
- 15. Tom Cartmill November 22, 2013
- 14. half and half at Aunt Elsie’s November 21, 2013
- The Emma Press’s First Spring Fling | The Emma Press: [...] Elsie’s is AMAZING. It’s loving...
- Sarah: Count me in - I would love to attend. Thanks...
- The awesome Aunt Elsie is here again! | Strength Collective: [...] awesome Aunt Elsie is here again with her 2 ...
- Radio interview for AIRwaves | Art in Bloom: [...] is a one hour programme hosted by Suzanne St...
- knittingforart: double kessling, how very cool.;-)...