It has felt so long since we have been here updating the website but that is because there are many good things to do and see. This weekend we have been out and about visiting Henley Arts Trail, next weekend is Caversham Arts Trail (more about this further down this page) and soon we will […]
Reading Arts and Music Week 2014 Reading Arts and Music Week is on the lookout for budding artists, gifted musicians and talented artisans. Now in its 6th year, Reading Arts and Music Week remains the town’s only open entry exhibition, showcasing works in all styles and media and open to everyone. Reading residents are being […]
March 8th is International Women’s Day. Arts organisations Strength Collective, TAG Collective and South Streets Arts Centre are organising a performance/live art event, funded by the Arts Council, on 8th March. It will be both thought provoking and funny, with some fantastic, professional performance artists, like Bryony Kimmings. You can find out more about it […]
Lauren Denney is coming back to join us in our lovely marquee in Market Place and this will be her last show of the year so be sure to visit to pick up your Christmas presents. Lauren designs and makes functional handmade ceramics from her studio in Caversham, Reading. Her collection includes vases, cake stands, […]
20 years of jelly It’s almost our 20th birthday and we have said many a time before how amazing the people are that we work with. As an organisation, a small amount of the work we do is paid and to keep jelly to this age has involved a lot of dedication from many people. […]
Patchwork Butterfly, Lisa-Marie Gibbs We have loved being involved in all sorts of projects with Lisa-Marie this year, including The Yellow Suitcase Project and The Artists History of Jacksons, the Contemporary Art Fairs. Some of the work made for the Jacksons project will be available at Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do amongst other gorgeous cards, prints, […]
A range of textile and paper items from half and half, at Elsie’s for the third time. Researched and original photography, combined with stitching, on cotton, felt and stones. Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do is Thursday 5 December 12-8pm, Friday 6 December 10am – 6pm and Saturday 10am – 6pm. Market Place, Reading, RG1 2DE […]
We are delighted to welcome Marc Juon to his first ever Aunt Elsie’s I specialize in handmade bespoke jewellery exploring the use of precious and semi precious materials inspired by natural shape and form and the technical skills necessary for the craft of jewellery making. Prices range from £20 pounds for small silver earrings and […]
Alabamawhirly is back at Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do with handknit accessories, patterns kits and knitted oddities. I love colour and am inspired by everyday things. I will have a mix of patterns, kits, handknits for sale. All kits come with full knit support so if it’s your first time or a christmas gift I’ll be […]
The lovely Claire is joining us again for Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do with The Token House, a range of hand stitched and knitted gifts. Here’s a little taster of what you can expect.. beautifully made, gorgeous gifts: Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do is Thursday 5 December 12-8pm, Friday 6 December 10am – 6pm and Saturday […]
Trying to get hold of us?
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- Artist Opportunity: We would love you to be part of our handmade at Christmas event September 11, 2014
- Darwin and FitzRoy ‘Beards and Beagles’ September 9, 2014
- jelly recommends: A High Street Odyssey September 8, 2014
- Have your say.. August 13, 2014
- Shadow Writers Group August 12, 2014
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...
- Alice: Looking forward to finding out the happenings of t...
- jelly: hello, unfortunately we are short on spaces but pl...