Have you started thinking about what to wear to all of the Christmas parties you will undoubtedly be attending this year? Well, look no further for something original and unique that suits you perfectly, Alexandra Vintage is on hand to help and if you like to combine a bit of craft with your clothes shopping […]
Only a few more makers to go and a few themes are beginning to appear in the answers, many of our makers cherish items made for them by family members and a few would like Johnny Depp at their dinner parties, nearly everyone has chosen different dinners and there are a fair few shed workshops. […]
Two more sleeps! And here are two more makers working as a pair. Two’s company, they went in two by two, a terrible twosome, two minds are better than one, possibly yes to all of that but it’s also just really nice to work with your best friend. Tell us a little bit about what […]
We interrupt our usual makers profiles today for something rather special. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, let’s hope you’ve been nice because yesterday we spoke to someone dressed in red and white and he’s getting his list ready. Make sure you book your place to meet him and decorate some yummy edible tree decorations with his elves […]
So we’ve had pottery, print, textiles, photography, art, weaving, knitting, more textiles, how are you going to choose what to buy? Well, we’re about to make it a whole heap trickier with these beautiful ceramics from Sian Rae. Shopping lists at the ready. Tell us a little […]
Only 10 days until we open Make Reading at Reading Town Hall! We hope you’re enjoying getting to know all of the people involved in Make Reading a little better, if you missed any of last weeks introductions you can have a catch up here and while you’re at it book Santa’s grotto or that workshop […]
What makes a friend? Someone who is there for you always? Someone who will cheer you up? Someone who comes from the mind of kekekaka and lives in a box? We think the answer is all of the above. It’s time to meet kekekaka, maker of mini friends and lots of other unique gifts for […]
Well, it’s Friday and we’re feeling generous, so today you get to meet not one but two of our marvellous makers. Firstly we’d like to introduce you to Caroline Marriott. As well as selling her beautiful work Caroline is running one of her ever popular workshops, Make a Rag Rug Brooch on 30 November or 3rd December. Perfect […]
Clickety-clack, clickety-clack or maybe it would be swoooooosh, swooooosh. That’s the possible soundtrack to today’s maker Emma Bradbury’s knitting life. Emma not only makes sumptuous knitted textiles in the form of scarves and cushions she is also running a whole heap of workshops for make Reading, from creating your own advent calender, christmassy makes for Jelly Tots, […]
If yesterday’s post about Blue Matchbox tickled your festive fancy then have a read of this. Our next make Reading exhibitor to introduce you to is Cath Baldwin. If you know someone hankering after a particularly charming print for Christmas then look no further. Tell us a little bit about what you do. I […]
Trying to get hold of us?
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- make Reading is OPEN! November 27, 2014
- Meet your maker – Alexandra Vintage November 26, 2014
- Meet your maker – Amulette November 25, 2014
- Meet your maker – kate&anna November 25, 2014
- Meet your maker – Debbie Page November 24, 2014
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...
- Alice: Looking forward to finding out the happenings of t...
- jelly: hello, unfortunately we are short on spaces but pl...