Today, Wednesday 29 May, was the fourth edition of AIRwaves, a new monthly radio programme that includes interviews and information of what is happening in and around the Arts in Reading. You can listen to the show at blast1386. AIRwaves is a section of Eddie Winship’s Community Matters programme slot. This weeks guest in the [...]
An artist’s year in the Harris Garden Jenny Halstead, Artist in Residence, University of Reading Jenny is one of the organisers of the Whiteknights Studio Trail which this year is open Sat 15 & Sun 16 June, all venues open 11 -6pm Whiteknights Studio Trail map downloadable www.studiotrail.co.uk
Introducing another of the jelly artists going with us to Reading Contemporary Art Fair, Salvo Toscano. As well as being seen shooting people at our events regularly, Salvo is also resident in the jelly studios and will also be welcoming visitors to his studio (jelly studios, 42 Market Place) for Open Studios 2013 (http://www.open-studios.org.uk/). Salvo [...]
Jo Quinn was one of the original jelly crew, she still runs most of the workshop activity as well as being an artist and teaching too. You can see her work both at Reading Contemporary Art Fair and Aunt Elsie’s Spring Fling. Jo will be exhibiting simple etchings, all hand printed onto old ephemera [...]
Anne Wilson has been part of the jelly team and one of our favourite artists for may years now, you can see some of her work now again locally in Picnic as well as the forthcoming Whiteknights Studio Trail. Welcoming back Anne Wilson: Much of my work is inspired by everyday life, pattern, colour and [...]
Introducing two artists who have been exhibiting with us for a very long time, Paul Kessling and Kate Kessling. Normally we would talk about them individually but this year they have collaborated on a major piece for the Reading Contemporary Art Fair. Kessling/Kessling Dot Matrix 77/1 ALL IS NUMBER Concrete, resin 140cm x 98 cm [...]
It’s nearly time for us to be at the Reading Contemporary Art Fair (27-28 April) and we will be unveiling some of the artists who will be exhibiting with us, first up is the work of Fletcher Prentice. Although not a Reading based artist we met him through one of the jelly favourite artists Charlotte [...]
It's almost here, the day that we are opening all the doors in our space at 42 Market Place for you to come in and see what we do in there in the jelly open studios. Open Studios, Saturday 6 April 11am-4pm. The first floor will be host to the resident artists as well as [...]
Artists Submissions invited for Strength Collective’s Strength in Numbers Festival, 22 June 2013. Strength in Numbers is a one day multi-site, multi-disciplined festival that embraces the art that is already in Reading and welcomes new comers. The festival is being held in and supported by jelly, The Rising Sun Arts Centre South Street Arts Centre [...]
In our current home we have a variety of artists and makers working over the three floors, we thought we would start introducing them to you, so here is the first: Mark Webber. He currently works in the Open Plan space on floor 3. psst.. as a little heads up, we are holding Open Studios [...]
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- early start April 23, 2010
- Agnes (Roboknit) came to knit night June 10, 2013
- Whiteknights Studio Trail 15th and 16th June 2013 June 10, 2013
- A new online gallery space.. June 10, 2013
- The Third Thursday, 20 June June 3, 2013
- The hang-on is back… May 30, 2013
- The Emma Press’s First Spring Fling | The Emma Press: [...] Elsie’s is AMAZING. It’s loving...
- Sarah: Count me in - I would love to attend. Thanks...
- The awesome Aunt Elsie is here again! | Strength Collective: [...] awesome Aunt Elsie is here again with her 2 ...
- Radio interview for AIRwaves | Art in Bloom: [...] is a one hour programme hosted by Suzanne St...
- knittingforart: double kessling, how very cool.;-)...