Rag Rug from Reading – a community project for Shopmobility, Reading jelly, the Oracle Customer Service Team team and the people of Reading have created a rag rug wall piece inspired by what Reading folk love about their town. The new piece of artwork will be revealed in the Shopmobility Suite, The Oracle on Wednesday […]
Dear artists, designers, makers and recyclers of beautiful old things. We would love you to be part of our handmade at Christmas event. We have a small number of spaces available for new artists, makers and recyclers of beautiful things to join us for our growing Aunt Elsie’s markets. This event will be running alongside […]
Darwin and FitzRoy ‘Beards and Beagles’ A review by Lily Brown As part of the Festival of Weather, Arts and Music (WAM) Progress Theatre, Reading’s oldest producing theatre, is presenting Juliet Aykroyd’s play, Darwin and FitzRoy. The play is centred on the relationship between Charles Darwin and Robert FitzRoy and the ideas they shared and […]
Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th September. 10am, 11.30am, 2pm, 3.30pm. SITELINES presents A High Street Odyssey by Inspector Sands SITELINES returns with a very special show direct from a run at the National Theatre. A High Street Odyssey is a 30-minute promenade audio-tour for thirty intrepid souls along Broad Street, from award-winning company Inspector Sands. The landscape is so familiar, the […]
It is only a few weeks left until the consultation on Arts, Heritage and Sports ends so please take some time to ‘Have your Say’ The word culture means different things to everyone. It covers a wide variety of activities (for example sport, arts, play), places (for example, libraries, museums, theatres, built heritage, parks) values […]
Shadow Writers Group aims to be a dynamic and inclusive group for budding writers aged between 16 and 25. The group will offer members the chance to discuss ideas about literature as well as building on writing skills already acquired. The group will meet for an hour/two hours every week and each session will be […]
This August, Reading Rep are delighted to stage one of the seminal plays of the 20th century. Waiting For Godot is arriving in Reading in a brand new production, directed by Reading Rep’s founding Artistic Director Paul Stacey, who returns to the director’s chair following the success of Proof. In Beckett’s poignant comedy about friendship, […]
Every now and then we ask people who join in for a little while to talk their experience and here we have a piece written by Katie Francis, who is just about to enter the 2nd year of her FdA Creative Arts and Design Practice. You can follow Katie’s progress over on her facebook page: […]
RBL Annual Themed Art Exhibition, in collaboration with Jelly Dear Artist, RBL Theatre Company and Jelly would like to invite you to create a piece of art themed upon William Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing. The RBL and Jelly Much Ado About Nothing Themed Art Exhibition will be presented at St James’ Church, Forbury Gardens, […]
Postcard from Reading and the Oracle Shopmobility Project: We wanted to create a piece of art for Shopmobility in the Oracle where members of the public could join Jelly artists to make a collaborative project – a piece of art made by the people of Reading for the people of Reading. We wanted to use […]
Trying to get hold of us?
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- Rag Rug from Reading – a community project for Shopmobility, Reading September 22, 2014
- Artist Opportunity: We would love you to be part of our handmade at Christmas event September 11, 2014
- Darwin and FitzRoy ‘Beards and Beagles’ September 9, 2014
- jelly recommends: A High Street Odyssey September 8, 2014
- Have your say.. August 13, 2014
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...
- Alice: Looking forward to finding out the happenings of t...
- jelly: hello, unfortunately we are short on spaces but pl...