It’s been a busy time since moving in to Jacksons, sprucing it up, making it our own, cleaning and decorating the windows, putting the kettle on and having a cuppa, all the things you do when you move house and now it’s time to invite you round. We have an exciting range of workshops and […]
Jelly preview: Gaslight, Progress Theatre The latest production at Progress Theatre is the 1938 play Gaslight by Patrick Hamilton. Hamilton is probably more famous for writing Rope – the play that the Hitchcock film is based on – and Gaslight has a similarly intimate setting. The action takes place in the living room […]
Thank for everyone that came to last night’s meeting at jelly’s new studio space, The Uniform Department, Jacksons Corner, to bring together ideas and proposals for this years Open for Art (3-5 July). It was a lovely informal session with ideas being drawn and written, meeting new people and chatting to old friends. There […]
We would like to invite you to an open meeting on Monday 23 February at 6pm to visit jelly’s new studio space, The Uniform Department, Jacksons Corner, and bring together ideas and proposals for this years Open for Art (3-5 July). Last year was the first town centre arts trail and celebration of all things […]
Firstly we want to say thank you to everyone that has sent messages of support, ideas and suggestions of what to do next. We have been overwhelmed by the love and are working through the ideas writing up plans, pulling things together and hope that in the future we may find a longer term more […]
Thank you everyone for messages, suggestions, tweets and ideas you have shared with us since our post about saying goodbye to no 42 – there are so many people to say thank you too and we will be doing that shortly. At the moment, the plan is to be out of 42 Market Place on […]
A Tale Told – a brand new short festival at South Street A Tale Told South Street Tuesday 20 – Saturday 24 January South Street Arts Centre is proud to present a brand new festival of storytelling theatre for Reading, called A Tale Told. South Street has established itself as a leading venue on the […]
Much Ado About Nothing Reading: 04/02/15 – 14/02/15 St James’ Church, Abbot’s Walk, Reading, RG1 3HW Basingstoke Haymarket 25 & 26/02/2015 Greenwich Theatre 27 & 28/02/2015 Women lack the “ferocity, aggression & killer instinct” to be effective infantry soldiers… Colonel Richard Kemp, Former Commander of British forces in Afghanistan. “O God, that […]
After a lovely long time feeling settled in one place it is time for us to move on – as from 31 January we will no longer have our town centre space at 42 Market Place and at the time of writing this, we don’t know where we will be. We have kindly offers for […]
Happy New Year to everyone! If you’re looking for something to do this weekend to kick start 2015 off with some creative sparkle then head to the Redlands/University area of Reading and take a wander around the Winterval Windows, a project where the community, young and old, have decorated their windows to be […]
Trying to get hold of us?
Sign up for our mailing list.
Want to join us for Open for Art 2015?
Please sign our Open for Art list here and we will keep you posted
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- early start April 23, 2010
- Workshops? We’ve got them covered. March 25, 2015
- Jelly preview: Gaslight, Progress Theatre February 25, 2015
- Open for Art 2015 February 24, 2015
- Please join us to make Reading Open for Art in 2015 February 17, 2015
- Moving on January 22, 2015
- New year new projects with www.jelly.org.uk |: […] and exciting times for Jelly as we move ...
- Sarah Dawnay: Good luck with finding a new home for jelly! You m...
- Emma Fellowes: Hi, Please could you confirm if you are still h...
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...