AGNES (Roboknit) is a life-sized humanoid knitting robot. She can knit by hand in a way very similar to a person, using a knitting loom (an alternative way of knitting to using knitting-needles) and is capable of making woolly hats, scarves, and other items. She took over a year to build and is made from [...]
WHITEKNIGHTS STUDIO TRAIL 15TH AND 16TH JUNE 2013 OPEN 11AM TO 6PM BOTH Saturday and Sunday ENTRY FREE REFRESHMENTS AVAILABLE AT SOME VENUES (please see brochure for details) Now in its 13th year The Whiteknights Studio Trail is a walking tour of artists’ studios in the University Area of Reading. Local artists will open their [...]
Are you a Reading-based artist looking to publicise your work? getreading will soon be able to help you. They will be setting up an online gallery during June and are inviting all Reading artists to take part. You can put up to ten pieces in the gallery and they can be paintings, sculptures or artistic [...]
The Third Thursday 20 June has two special events: Firstly back at Progress Theatre where they are delighted to present Blithe Spirit, one of Noël Coward’s best loved plays. Written in London in 1941 while Noel Coward was working covertly as a member of the British Secret Service, it was the perfect antidote to the [...]
If you don’t know, hang-on is an artists network group which did meet the last Friday of every month to network, talk and just share a cup of tea together once a month to break from the sometimes studio seclusion. All artists are always welcome to come and hang-on. There is also an online forum [...]
Please support our studio colleagues: Alexandra Vintage Vote for us! The National Vintage Awards 2013 The National Vintage Awards 2013 is ready for your vote! Created and hosted by online vintage bible The Vintage Directory, The National Vintage Awards make its first appearance to the vintage events calendar this year, created to recognise the very [...]
Today, Wednesday 29 May, was the fourth edition of AIRwaves, a new monthly radio programme that includes interviews and information of what is happening in and around the Arts in Reading. You can listen to the show at blast1386. AIRwaves is a section of Eddie Winship’s Community Matters programme slot. This weeks guest in the [...]
The Yellow Suitcase Project – a quick update. Last Wednesday, the Yellow Suitcase Project team went on an adventure to walk up Snowdon, to launch the project and to overcome some personal barriers. And they did it! You can follow their story here, or donate to support the project at The Yellow Suitcase Project Page. [...]
We can heartily suggest this: A Day With The Mandolinquents Always brilliant fun.. Concert + masterclass workshops 7 July 2013, Workshops 1-5pm, concert 7-9pm Museum Of English Rural Life, Reading RG1 5EX The Mandolinquents are back! Mandolin maestro Simon Mayor, UK banjo champion Richard Collins, conductor of the National Youth Guitar Ensemble Gerald Garcia and [...]
The Windsor Emporium is an arts, crafts and antiques fair that runs on the first Sunday of every month from March until December. Show casing fine purveyors of art, quality handmade gifts and objects of the extraordinary! You will find The Windsor Emporium on the first floor of the Guildhall, just a few strides from [...]
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- early start April 23, 2010
- Agnes (Roboknit) came to knit night June 10, 2013
- Whiteknights Studio Trail 15th and 16th June 2013 June 10, 2013
- A new online gallery space.. June 10, 2013
- The Third Thursday, 20 June June 3, 2013
- The hang-on is back… May 30, 2013
- The Emma Press’s First Spring Fling | The Emma Press: [...] Elsie’s is AMAZING. It’s loving...
- Sarah: Count me in - I would love to attend. Thanks...
- The awesome Aunt Elsie is here again! | Strength Collective: [...] awesome Aunt Elsie is here again with her 2 ...
- Radio interview for AIRwaves | Art in Bloom: [...] is a one hour programme hosted by Suzanne St...
- knittingforart: double kessling, how very cool.;-)...