This is a double treat today, not only is this about one of the people who has been part of the jelly team but Charlotte Hardy is also exhibiting at the Reading Contemporary Art Fair this weekend with us. Charlotte had been visiting jelly many years before she became a member of the team and […]
Anthony Horowitz’s Mindgame May 10-12, 17-19 7.45pm Progress Theatre Are you a fan of crime writing, and psychological thrillers? Then we heartily recommend you go and see Mindgame, showing at Progress Theatre in May. Mark Styler, popular crime writer, arrives at Fairfields, the asylum sheltering the notorious serial-killing subject of his next book […]
We're moving as quick as we can at the moment, getting together the last few things, so here's a little taster of one of the artists that is exhibiting we us – she's from Aunt Elsie's group (more on that later) but let's introduce Jules Hogan to you: 'I design and hand make a luxury […]
It's only 8 days until the Reading Contemporary Art Fair and we would love to introduce you to one of the new artists we are taking with us: Fletcher Prentice. He is a studio mate of Charlotte Hardy, one of the jelly artists and we love his work too – here's a little peek for […]
So this is Martin Stubbington, he's been coming to jelly since sometime in 2010. We first met as he was on a work placement at Reading Borough Council and one of his mentors thought he should come and work at jelly one day a week and we have never let him go since. He is […]
Context: Chris Stevens Town-wide exhibition Reading Friday 11th May Private view & free walking tour with the artist & curator Saturday 12th May – Saturday 3rd June 2012 exhibition open Two Reading-based art organisations, roves and roams and Jelly, are working in collaboration to produce a town-wide exhibition of paintings by London-based painter Chris Stevens. […]
This week we have been installing The Museum Tree, a project between Reading Museum, St Martin's Primary School, Wilson Primary School and Jon Lockhart. Here are some pictures taken during installation: The work will be exhibited until 9 May in Market Place Reading. We also said goodbye to the work of Justin Partyka in partnership […]
We've just received notification of the next Arts Forum meeting – all are welcome. Good afternoon Arts Forum Members, On behalf of Councillors Hacker and Livingston I have been asked to confirm details for the forthcoming meeting which is scheduled to take place on Tuesday 17th April at 6pm. Dr Andy Kempe, Senior […]
Reading is hosting the World Premier of Caleb Lindsay's, Death by 1000 Cuts, an excellent documentary about the art of independent film making. Ever wanted to make a film or you all ready do, then you need to see this film. Caleb will also be taking questions and would really welcome any feed back on […]
Writing this post to explain a bit more about the "Us" in jelly reminds me about something I read the other day, about how to validate companies and businesses. Individuals on web pages sometimes refer to the "We" when it's really only one of them. This idea has triggered this post on jelly to explain […]
Trying to get hold of us?
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- Artist Opportunity: We would love you to be part of our handmade at Christmas event September 11, 2014
- Darwin and FitzRoy ‘Beards and Beagles’ September 9, 2014
- jelly recommends: A High Street Odyssey September 8, 2014
- Have your say.. August 13, 2014
- Shadow Writers Group August 12, 2014
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...
- Alice: Looking forward to finding out the happenings of t...
- jelly: hello, unfortunately we are short on spaces but pl...