Welcome to the weekend everybody, now before you run off to the shops and start your Christmas shopping remember that we open Make Reading on Thursday and we have something for everyone, take Red Kyte for example, she makes beautiful silver jewellery and brilliant soft toys, my favourite is the Sting Ray, we really are […]
With less than a week to go now we’ve still got a few more makers for you to meet but don’t forget you can have a little recap of the talented bunch that we’ve already introduced you to: Blue Matchbox Cath Baldwin Emma Bradbury Peter Lang Caroline Marriott The Homebirds kekekaka Salvo Toscano Spirited Events Sian Rae Ceramics Marc Juon and not forgetting Santa at Berzerk Productions but now let’s learn […]
We interrupt our usual makers profiles today for something rather special. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, let’s hope you’ve been nice because yesterday we spoke to someone dressed in red and white and he’s getting his list ready. Make sure you book your place to meet him and decorate some yummy edible tree decorations with his elves […]
Time to get all sparkly with some beautiful jewellery from Marc Juon and if you can’t get sparkly at Christmas then when can you? And what’s even better is that you can buy direct from a descendent, allegedly, of a war lord. Read on to find out more… Tell us a little bit about what […]
So we’ve had pottery, print, textiles, photography, art, weaving, knitting, more textiles, how are you going to choose what to buy? Well, we’re about to make it a whole heap trickier with these beautiful ceramics from Sian Rae. Shopping lists at the ready. Tell us a little […]
Make Reading wouldn’t be possible without some very special people being involved creating a magical space for children and grown ups alike. Spirited Events will be creating our winter wonderland and by the sounds of this they would have a smashing dream dinner party! Tell us a little bit about what you do. Spirited provide […]
Only 10 days until we open Make Reading at Reading Town Hall! We hope you’re enjoying getting to know all of the people involved in Make Reading a little better, if you missed any of last weeks introductions you can have a catch up here and while you’re at it book Santa’s grotto or that workshop […]
What makes a friend? Someone who is there for you always? Someone who will cheer you up? Someone who comes from the mind of kekekaka and lives in a box? We think the answer is all of the above. It’s time to meet kekekaka, maker of mini friends and lots of other unique gifts for […]
This afternoon, just in time for the weekend, a little birdy told me of beautiful bunting, bags and fabric covered books, amongst other treats. The little bird was a Homebird and here she is to introduce herself to you. Tell us a little bit about what you do. I’m a kitchen table crafter, working with fabric […]
Well, it’s Friday and we’re feeling generous, so today you get to meet not one but two of our marvellous makers. Firstly we’d like to introduce you to Caroline Marriott. As well as selling her beautiful work Caroline is running one of her ever popular workshops, Make a Rag Rug Brooch on 30 November or 3rd December. Perfect […]
Trying to get hold of us?
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- early start April 23, 2010
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- Meet your maker – Red Kyte November 22, 2014
- Meet your maker – Roelofs & Rubens November 21, 2014
- Meet your maker – Santa Claus November 20, 2014
- Meet your maker – Marc Juon November 19, 2014
- Meet your maker – Sian Rae Ceramics November 18, 2014
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...
- Alice: Looking forward to finding out the happenings of t...
- jelly: hello, unfortunately we are short on spaces but pl...