It is only a few weeks left until the consultation on Arts, Heritage and Sports ends so please take some time to ‘Have your Say’ The word culture means different things to everyone. It covers a wide variety of activities (for example sport, arts, play), places (for example, libraries, museums, theatres, built heritage, parks) values […]
Shadow Writers Group aims to be a dynamic and inclusive group for budding writers aged between 16 and 25. The group will offer members the chance to discuss ideas about literature as well as building on writing skills already acquired. The group will meet for an hour/two hours every week and each session will be […]
This August, Reading Rep are delighted to stage one of the seminal plays of the 20th century. Waiting For Godot is arriving in Reading in a brand new production, directed by Reading Rep’s founding Artistic Director Paul Stacey, who returns to the director’s chair following the success of Proof. In Beckett’s poignant comedy about friendship, […]
Every now and then we ask people who join in for a little while to talk their experience and here we have a piece written by Katie Francis, who is just about to enter the 2nd year of her FdA Creative Arts and Design Practice. You can follow Katie’s progress over on her facebook page: […]
RBL Annual Themed Art Exhibition, in collaboration with Jelly Dear Artist, RBL Theatre Company and Jelly would like to invite you to create a piece of art themed upon William Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing. The RBL and Jelly Much Ado About Nothing Themed Art Exhibition will be presented at St James’ Church, Forbury Gardens, […]
Postcard from Reading and the Oracle Shopmobility Project: We wanted to create a piece of art for Shopmobility in the Oracle where members of the public could join Jelly artists to make a collaborative project – a piece of art made by the people of Reading for the people of Reading. We wanted to use […]
Thank you to everyone who took part, volunteered, visited or exhibited during the Open for Art Weekend, here are a few pictures that tell multi stories. We will be back with Open for Art, 3-5 July 2015. All photos by Salvo Toscano
Here it is, the Open for Art plan – it is so long but we want to tell you what is happening and who is doing it with us. You can pick up trail maps from any of the pop-up studios for a small cost of £1 or download the pdf to your mobile device […]
Soon there will be a post with the plan – it a long post but we want to tell you what is happening and who is doing it with us. Until then you can pick up A2 trail maps from any of the pop-up studios over the three days for a small cost of £1 […]
During the festival weekend, why not learn something new? We are starting to update our workshop listing page over here and there will be plenty more to choose from, from ‘Weaving a little person on sticks’, daily from 2-5pm with Caroline Marriott (£1.50 material charge), to lino cutting and a pop up print room. These […]
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- Have your say.. August 13, 2014
- Shadow Writers Group August 12, 2014
- Waiting for Godot August 12, 2014
- ‘What is it like to be part of jelly?’ – Katie Maria Francis August 10, 2014
- Artists Opportunity – RBL Annual Themed Art Exhibition August 7, 2014
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...
- Alice: Looking forward to finding out the happenings of t...
- jelly: hello, unfortunately we are short on spaces but pl...