make Reading special this Christmas make Reading Embrace the seasonal spirit this Christmas with make Reading – an 11 day festive celebration of Berkshire’s very best makers, designers, recyclers, art, textiles & handmade brought to you by jelly arts. On Thursday 27th November, jelly brings a Christmas fair with a difference to Reading Town Centre, […]
CONSTELLATION returns again this year. Friday 24 October, 6-11pm 4 venues. 3 contemporary choral works, 2 intimate theatre pieces, a video installation and a live, immersive exhibition… Constellation is a multi venue, multi disciplinary art trail covering four venues in the town centre. Each experience can take up to 30 minutes, allowing you plenty of […]
We would love you to join us at Windsor Contemporary Art Fair, 8-9 November 2014 where we will be showing new works by Lisa Marie Gibbs and Rebecca Swainston as well as once again delivering creative art workshops for everyone to join in. Launching on Friday 7 November with a special preview evening from 6-9pm, […]
Spooky Jelly Tots Half Term Wednesday, 29 October 2014 from 10:30 to 11:30, under 5yrs and their siblings Jelly tots is a Pre-school art club where tot and big person collaborate on an art and craft masterpiece. Older Siblings welcome. This half term Jelly tots work shop is inspired by ‘Dia De Los Muertos’ (Mexican […]
Rag Rug from Reading – a community project for Shopmobility, Reading jelly, the Oracle Customer Service Team team and the people of Reading have created a rag rug wall piece inspired by what Reading folk love about their town. The new piece of artwork will be revealed in the Shopmobility Suite, The Oracle on Wednesday […]
Dear artists, designers, makers and recyclers of beautiful old things. We would love you to be part of our handmade at Christmas event. We have a small number of spaces available for new artists, makers and recyclers of beautiful things to join us for our growing Aunt Elsie’s markets. This event will be running alongside […]
Darwin and FitzRoy ‘Beards and Beagles’ A review by Lily Brown As part of the Festival of Weather, Arts and Music (WAM) Progress Theatre, Reading’s oldest producing theatre, is presenting Juliet Aykroyd’s play, Darwin and FitzRoy. The play is centred on the relationship between Charles Darwin and Robert FitzRoy and the ideas they shared and […]
Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th September. 10am, 11.30am, 2pm, 3.30pm. SITELINES presents A High Street Odyssey by Inspector Sands SITELINES returns with a very special show direct from a run at the National Theatre. A High Street Odyssey is a 30-minute promenade audio-tour for thirty intrepid souls along Broad Street, from award-winning company Inspector Sands. The landscape is so familiar, the […]
It is only a few weeks left until the consultation on Arts, Heritage and Sports ends so please take some time to ‘Have your Say’ The word culture means different things to everyone. It covers a wide variety of activities (for example sport, arts, play), places (for example, libraries, museums, theatres, built heritage, parks) values […]
Shadow Writers Group aims to be a dynamic and inclusive group for budding writers aged between 16 and 25. The group will offer members the chance to discuss ideas about literature as well as building on writing skills already acquired. The group will meet for an hour/two hours every week and each session will be […]
Trying to get hold of us?
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- early start April 23, 2010
- arty street party 21st July 2011, 11am to 4pm July 15, 2011
- make Reading special this Christmas October 20, 2014
- jelly suggests: Constellation, Friday 24 October October 20, 2014
- We would love to see you at Windsor Contemporary Art Fair, 8-9 November 2014 October 16, 2014
- Dia de los muertos inspired craft workshops for half term. October 7, 2014
- Rag Rug from Reading – a community project for Shopmobility, Reading September 22, 2014
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...
- Alice: Looking forward to finding out the happenings of t...
- jelly: hello, unfortunately we are short on spaces but pl...