This is just a little thank you to everyone who helped us to make Reading. To the people who came to our pop up shop/gallery to browse and buy, to the children who made gingerbread and visited Santa in his awesome grotto and to the grown ups who brought them. To the workshop leaders […]
What a lovely week we’ve had at make Reading, we hope you have enjoyed it as much as we have. Judging by your comments you seem to agree with us that make Reading is THE destination in the town centre for unique gifts and Christmas spirit. Santa went down a storm last weekend and we […]
But don’t worry, not very far, we’re still at Reading Town Hall, simply turn left through the clock tower gates and not right, and we’ll be there to welcome you with new stock, old favourites and a big ‘ol smile. We have Berkshire’s best designers, makers and artists work all in one place, don’t miss […]
It’s Thursday 27th of November, it’s 11 o’clock, by our watch anyway, and we are officially ready to make Reading! Remember this isn’t just about buying Christmas presents this is about trying to make a connection, and by doing that you could make a friend who teaches you to make something new, make a present to make someone happy, […]
Have you started thinking about what to wear to all of the Christmas parties you will undoubtedly be attending this year? Well, look no further for something original and unique that suits you perfectly, Alexandra Vintage is on hand to help and if you like to combine a bit of craft with your clothes shopping […]
Only a few more makers to go and a few themes are beginning to appear in the answers, many of our makers cherish items made for them by family members and a few would like Johnny Depp at their dinner parties, nearly everyone has chosen different dinners and there are a fair few shed workshops. […]
Two more sleeps! And here are two more makers working as a pair. Two’s company, they went in two by two, a terrible twosome, two minds are better than one, possibly yes to all of that but it’s also just really nice to work with your best friend. Tell us a little bit about what […]
This week we are picking up the pace and will be introducing you to two makers a day, we have more for you to meet before we open and we don’t want you missing out. Debbie Page is a ceramicist who also works under the guise of Yellow Shed Pottery, she is drawn to a […]
Welcome to Monday everyone and we are so very nearly at the point where we can open our doors to you at Reading Town Hall but before we do we have to fill it with beautiful things from all our makers and decorate it and that’s where our next talented maker comes in very handy. […]
Welcome to the weekend everybody, now before you run off to the shops and start your Christmas shopping remember that we open Make Reading on Thursday and we have something for everyone, take Red Kyte for example, she makes beautiful silver jewellery and brilliant soft toys, my favourite is the Sting Ray, we really are […]
Trying to get hold of us?
- The end of one era January 13, 2010
- Win a pair of tickets to Comedy and Curry Friday 15 February January 30, 2013
- We need YOU to make something big happen June 21, 2011
- early start April 23, 2010
- How do we survive? January 21, 2013
- make Reading – until next time. December 11, 2014
- Have a handmade Christmas at make Reading December 4, 2014
- make Reading has MOVED! December 2, 2014
- make Reading is OPEN! November 27, 2014
- Meet your maker – Alexandra Vintage November 26, 2014
- What's on this weekend - Alt Reading: […] today may have noticed some of the many ...
- emily: Hi there. I'm interested in seeing the Van Goth...
- What's on this week - Alt Reading: […] on Friday 4th July, the Open For Arts tr...
- Alice: Looking forward to finding out the happenings of t...
- jelly: hello, unfortunately we are short on spaces but pl...